Chapter Two: Workshop

Peter waited until he could no longer hear Flash's footsteps on the schools cold tiled floor before he jumped up, grabbed his backpack and headed towards the schools exit, not bothering to clean up the mess on the floor that was his new classes. He stayed close to the walls, one arm out in front of him to help with his balance, but also as something to break his fall if he were to trip at any point.

Peter squinted at the brightness of the sun when he stepped outside, and hunched in on himself as he walked through the front courtyard of the school, both hands holding tightly to the straps of his backpack, elbows tucked in. Peter shuffled, keeping his feet low to the ground in hopes to feel anything in his way that might make him trip, but when he saw the familiar blur that he recognized as Happy, his pace sped up, hoping to get to the car without bumping into anything or anyone.

Noticing Peter's anxiousness, Happy did not say anything about his lateness and opened the door without a word and watched as Peter said his thanks and fell into the car, legs kicking in the air before the kid had pulled himself in. Happy ignored this and closed the door.

The ride to the tower was quiet, which was unusual as Peter would usually be jumping around in the back seat of the car, asking Happy questions about Stark Industries. However, today, Peter kept to the right side of the car leaning against the door and watched the passing concrete scenery of the New York buildings as the car traveled along the strip of road. Happy didn't say anything and kept his eyes on the car in front of him, hoping to arrive at the tower as quickly as possible so he could remove himself from the awkward tension in the air.

ººº

Peter had his backpack slung over his left shoulder and his right arm placed slightly out in front of him as the pair walked through the automated doors of the tower. Peter was walking closer to Happy than usual, slightly behind him, eyes darting around to take in everything as he shuffled.

"Hey champ!" Tony was leaning against the wall next to the elevators as he watched the kid turn his head towards him, eyes darting around.

"M-Mr Stark!" Peter didn't move from his position behind Happy like he would usually, causing Tony to shoot a confused look to Happy, who returned his look with the same expression, shrugging his shoulders slightly so Peter wouldn't see the movement.

Tony pushed up from the wall and walked up next to Peter, throwing an arm around his shoulders, pulling him away from Happy and leading him towards the elevator that would take them to the garage, talking to Peter about what they were going to do that day. Tony threw one last look over his shoulder towards Happy before the elevator doors opened up and they both stepped in, silver doors closing behind them.