Chapter 1: Rainbow Variety

I was sitting there in the first row, second column from the right, first day of class, I just transferred from another school and I feel so distant from everyone else, I can’t even focus on breathing… I’m shy and just all the feelings of actually being in a new classroom with 44 strangers is just not comfortable, suddenly I hear a group of girls talking in my back, it was all faint but what I heard was “look, isn’t he so handsome?” on reflex, I just turned their way, curious of the person they’re talking about. And luckily one of them was still pointing at the person they’re talking of….  A tall boy, probably a year older than me, 12 by the way and I’m in my first year of high school because I was allowed to skip one level. And he had an unusual hair spiky on the back and a short side-bangs, with all the usual asian features, he had fair asian skin, asian, asian, he looked normal, to me… but what flickered the dust off my eyes was his unusual build, he was standing firm and it looked good for his height and there was something about him that seems so attractive, perhaps it’s what they call a charisma, but that’s just me all the other girls were talking and talking about all the other boys but would frequently return to him as the topic….

I turned back to the whiteboard, pulled my notebook from my bag and started scribbling, I had nothing else better to do since I left the book I was reading, and it doesn’t seem like the teacher would be arriving soon. I never liked approaching people, so I wait for people to approach me, and it’s not like I hate talking, I just don’t know how a conversation works. Growing up, I was never really into having friends all I needed was some toys and a clear space and you could leave me alone, and I’d just play ahead and be a good little girl. So I’m doing the same now, except doing a hobby, drawing nonsensical things on a piece of paper, while daydreaming of situations that won’t ever happen.

Then suddenly, I was interrupted…. A block of eraser fell on the floor, as I reached it another hand holds grasp of it first, and I looked up and on surprise a boy holding a pencil with a notebook on his desk was sitting  next to me, although there was an aisle in between us. The usual silent type, doesn’t seem like his shy… but hey, he actually has some looks, and he still looks like he hasn’t managed himself, and as shy as I am, I turned back to my notebook right away.

I left out a sigh as 30 minutes has passed and the teacher still hasn’t given any appearance, I feel tired for no reason, and just bowed my head on my desk. And then the door opened, I held my chin up and sighted a pretty girl, although she seems like a nerd, sporting a very blank face like one of those assassins in a movie. And before a moment’ notice she was sitting next to my chair, and I took my stare off her and decided to turn for a 360 degrees of the classroom, and as I was absentmindedly scribbling on my paper only 5 seats were remaining unoccupied, 4 in the back, and 1 more in the row I’m in the one next to the pretty nerd. The “cute guy”, as the girls in my back were saying, was talking to 4 other people in the back.

“Ding!” I blatantly whispered, ignoring all in sight, then my seatmates heard it of course, why I suddenly expressed it? Well there are 5 seats remaining the 4 in the back the one a seat apart from me, so chances are the cute guy will be sitting on it, ha! In your face talkative girls, this “handsome guy “you’re talking of will be a seat away from me. I don’t know why I just thought of that, but there is always that child screaming in me when I think of success, it’s kind of like what was left of my competitive side since I was defeated in a debate in 3rd grade. And to my luck, the 5 guys raced for the seats, and mr.cute guy well sat on the seat I was talking of.

So, we started the introductions the teacher instructed us to tell our names with the nickname, the previous school we went to if we are a transferee and tell a hobby … it starts with the first row as usual, the chairs are positioned in which three chairs make a column and there are three columns, I’m in the middle column in the right seat… the silent guy’s turn came up, he stood awkwardly with his back hunched, didn’t faced the class and instead stared at the blackboard “ I’m Levy Victor, nickname’s Lev, I came from Grandford” then gasps and chatter went out from everyone’s mouth, Grandford is a prestigious school where children of senators and other public nobilities study, to think that someone like him would be in a near middle class school like this is afterall, a surprise “I… can draw.” He spoked without intonations, like a robot but wait… robots kind of have an intonation and they speak with pause, he just spoke straightly, if wavelengths were used for visual it would have just went up, straight… then down… either way, it’s my turn. I went up, faced everyone, stood straight even though my feet was shaking as I said “ I’m Stellure Rosenstein, Call me Stell, My previous school was Aldenmore, I love stories.”I faced back to the teacher as she nod and I sat down... it went well, hours of talking to the mirror actually paid me quite some good results. It’s the pretty nerd’s turn I stared at her, as she flips her hair with her hand, everyone was looking, the boys were all eyes and some girls were glaring at her, she was not fazed and very graciously said “ I’m Lena Claire Redward, I prefer to be called Claire, I’m from Grandford as well, and I like singing” and then she sat down and the stares automatically took off from her, Her name rings a bell, Lena… Claire, right! She’s the girl that defeated me in the debate from 3rd grade, well look how small the world is, I smiled as I faced her and expectedly she gave a smile back, well at least there’s one familiar person now. I’m in the middle of two rich people, an interesting situation if I say so myself. It’s time for the “cute guy”, he stood up and scratched his hair, the girls excepting Lena we’re all staring, the guys could care less, “ I’m Andrew John Denver, I liked how Drew sounds so yeah, call me that… I like playing the guitar.” Then he sat down, apparently Andrew is a romantic popular…. Everyone finished introducing themselves, the notable ones were, Alex Montgomery not a transferee he makes stories… something rare among teenage boys, then there’s Éclair Conward who is also not a transferee and apparently has a big interest in sports, even though she doesn’t look that healthy, and there’s also Walter Jean Denver, yup he’s Andrew’s younger brother he skipped a year because he’s smart, just like me… he likes video games….he’s actually feminine looking unlike his brother, and he’s quite cute… furry-animal-you-would-want-to-protect-kind of cute.

Class started, everyone went to their seats and remained silent for maybe four hours then lunch break finally came….

I was sitting casually eating my lunch, bacon and java rice when Claire, tapped my shoulder… smiling, and says without facing me in a very weird soft tone “Hey, hey, hello!” I gobbled the last spoonful of my lunch and drank water, then faced her and said “Hello!” with a smile. “How’ve you been?” she asks, and then I answered “Doing great, kind of.” Then I asked “How about you?” back. “I’m fine, I guess.” She replied. We chuckled softly for no real reason. Then silence filled the air again, I turned to my left in which Lev is sitting, and I found him drawing… as expected, then I turned to my right to look at what Andrew’s doing and he’s gone from his seat, which lead to me to turn to Walter, who is reading a magazine…. A gaming magazine, with a little smirk in his face, and the surrounding seats doesn’t have anyone in them, which made me thinking that he and his brother is really different from each other, and then Claire, blurted that thought out saying “You know what, Andrew and his brother…they’re really different from each other.” We were the thinking the same thing, odd… And then It turned back to facing Claire, who’s from Grandford and looks as classy as she’s supposed to, back straight face blank, and being naturally pretty…. Grandford, huh? Must be nice, I thought to myself. Which lead me to remember, Lev is from the same school… I asked Claire, “Hey, do you know Lev?” “Not that much, but I do know that he won 1st place in all the illustrating contest he has joined in. He’s an art prodigy.” She replied. “That’s cool….” I turned back and gazed at him. The bell rang, and the teacher came into the room as everyone went back to their seats. I’m guessing that this classroom will be quiet during class, then after maybe a week, it’s going to be a riot… as how things would normally go…. But there’s quite a number of different and unique people so, something will differ from the usual… probably.