blurb

• Dedicated to electrahaz

“She looks nice today - I mean, she looks nice everyday, but today she looks like sunshine. Her hair is in two pinwheel buns and she’s wearing a yellow sundress printed with sunflowers. Her white boots lace up half her calf and numerous bracelets obscure her wrist. Her cheeks are flushed, but it may just be the weather; unusually hot for late April.”

“His hair reflects in the light, almost as if its dark shade is no match for the sun. He turns slowly, hand gripped around his drink, eyes flashing in delight as he notices me. His walk is purposeful; it’s like he wants to get to me as quickly as possible without seeming desperate. Everything he does around me is careful and purposeful and at that point I knew there was nothing he wouldn’t do for me.”

When Leonie discovers her love for writing at age seventeen, she turns to her best-friend Jude. Jude, who dreams of being successful, Jude, who is gorgeously brilliant at everything he does, Jude, who thinks of her as Just A Friend. Together they begin their novel: Leonie writing her scenes in her Grandmother’s house in Southern France, and Jude in the attic of his parent’s house.

As they put more and more emotion into their book, true feelings of resentment and passion filter through and Leonie and Jude begin to see their relationship falling apart as faulted intentions and misunderstandings become clear.

✎  ✎  ✎  ✎  ✎  ✎  ✎  ✎  ✎  ✎  ✎  ✎  ✎  ✎  ✎  ✎  ✎  ✎

New story! 

Let me know how it sounds :)

wonderful cover made by @electrahaz