Chapter 1~The portal~

Presant time, 18 years after the fall of Aberidus. Ash Tenery, princess of Raikas, daughter of Queen Raiken.

Ash what the hell are you doing? I thought to myself as I was searching my friends giant rubbish bin, top part of myself in, while legs dangling out. Glancing at her old sweet wrappers I just noticed that she eats a lot. I wonder why she's not fat yet with an amused smile on my face.

Scanning her papers I found her old homework sheets that I could do well with, stuffing that in my pockets. I didn't even care that it was a bin and it was probably chucked in with her baby sisters spewed up food.

Finding what I was looking for I began to get curious, a stack of papers lay neatly on top of each other stapled neat and tidy in the corner, looking like it was not supposed to be in there. Lifting it out I began to read, I didn't get to the second word before I heard my lovely friend shriek in anger almost bursting my eardrums.

"ASH WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?"

Ah, that's what I was wondering too. I sometimes wonder for my sanity. Sticking the pile down my top, it looked like I was getting fatter, which I grimaced at, hopefully Camille didn't realize otherwise I'm screwed.

Barging her way through my family and hers she reached me, after shaking me like crazy and screaming in my face, I quote 'WHAT IS WITH YOU? I SOMETIMES WORRY FOR YOU!' She began to lecture me about proper manners blah blah blah, I didn't listen to one word.

After she said it was mean to go through other peoples stuff I instantly gave everything back to her, not the pile of papers though, that was just for me to read. Smiling at me, might I add, very creepily, she started petting me like I was a dog, why does everyone do that? Is that like a thing for everyone to do when I'm being a 'Goody Two Shoes.'

Even my own foster parents do that. I have no idea why though, when I first started school everyone instantly did that, every time someone told me to do something and I actually did it, they began to coo at me like a baby. I don't understand why they just do it to me.

I sometimes feel like I don't belong, but that's because I'm called a freak most of the time, no one really likes me except Camille. That's because she just moved here a couple months ago, while the others have known me since pre-school, most of them have been with me since kinder garden, to now high school.

After Camille and her family left, my foster parents just like that turned into the usual rude demanding ones. It's like they have something against me, I don't understand since they adopted me, they must have a reason for that. Finally getting the time to read the pile of papers that I surprisingly hid in my shirt for a couple of hours.

I felt suspense kick in, as I slowly (don't ask why) slid the stack out of my shirt and slowly (don't ask why as well) opened my eyes. I can't believe I didn't see this before as the title intrigued me....

PAYMENT FOR BEING FRIENDS WITH...

We'd like to thank you for being friends with our daughter Ash, she finds a hard time making friends since she doesn't quite fit in. We personally thank you for tricking her for this long, we sincerely apologize if Ash has done anything rude or unexpected within your friendship.

We hope you won't get to irritated by her personality and mannerism for we have tried to train her. She has never listened to our request, but I'm sure you know her well.

Enough is enough, we shall relive you of this horrid child, you can officially, let's just say 'break your friendship' this Monday, you can do it anyway you like.