Chapter 2

The gang came into the back area of the house near the garage where it had been turned into a giant bread factory. The chickens were astonished while Kali and the twins wandered around, looking for the inventor and his dog. 

"This place is amazing!" Nobby remarked. 

"I'll say, why back in my RAF days bread was the most valuable source of food they served us" Fowler recalled.

"Hello?" Ann called out. 

"Is anybody home?" Brock added. The place was very busy but with no one around. 

"Maybe they're off on holiday" Babs suggested. 

"Would you shut up about that stupid holiday stuff?!" Bunty yelled, rather angry and annoyed with Babs. 

"Wallace, Gromit, it's me" Kali called out. 

The group then saw someone carrying large stacks of bread over to the counter, who at the moment they couldn't see his face. But soon after the stacks were put down, that someone was revealed to be the one-and-only faithful Gromit himself. 

"Gromit!" Kali gasped in happiness, to see her friend who felt like her dog too since they've been through so much together.

"Kali, is that you?" Gromit smiled as he and Kali came over to each other and hugged. 

"Ah, it's good to see you again lass" The kindhearted beagle said to her. 

"Nice to see you too, old chap" The eleven-year-old replied while she continued to hug the beagle. 

"Hi Gromit!" The Twins smiled and greeted the mute dog, patting him on the head. 

"Brock, Ann, I didn't expect to see you guys here" Gromit was surprised but glad to see the twins again also. 

"Oh, and who are these guys?" Gromit turned to see the chickens. 

"These are my friends, the ones I was telling you about" Kali told Gromit while the chickens smiled and waved. 

Brock then gave Gromit the morning newspaper. 

"Thanks" Gromit said while he opened it up to read the headlines. Kali poked her head over Gromit's shoulder to read with him, when they saw something disturbing on the front page. 

"Oh my!" Gromit gasped slightly. 

"What?!" Everybody else gathered around to get a look at what was so surprising. 

"12th bread baker?!-" Brock started. 

"Found murdered?!-" Ann added. 

"What's a serial killer?" The chickens asked. 

Gromit and Kali looked at each other nervously before they both gulped. Gromit quickly grew worried, since he and Wallace were now bakers and could possibly be a likely target. Just then the gang heard an alarm clock go off upstairs, but Wallace was still asleep. 

"Wallace is sleeping on the job again" Kali told the others, giving a playful smile while looking up at the ceiling. 

"I got this" Gromit told her while he went over to get a water balloon and tied it to the windmill. After a few seconds Gromit hit the side of the windmill and the water balloon fell through an open window splattering straight on Wallace's face, waking him up.

"Oh! I was just coming down lad" Wallace called out. 

"Sure" Kali gave that playful smirk while Gromit brought more bread out of the oven then pulled a lever. 

"Be with you guys in a jiffy!" The cheese-loving inventor called out, sliding down a slide while getting ready in the process. 

"I got it Gromit!" Kali told the silent beagle. Just like old times she went to press a button to help Wallace get ready while he slid down.