Chapter 20: The Betrayal

Alan watched the timer slowly count down to the first launch this world has ever seen in nearly two hundred years. He looked at the screen showing the launch pad just as the timer hit zero. The rocket shot off and soared towards the sky. Everyone watched in dead silence as they waited to see if the fruit of their labor paid off or would crash and burn. For nearly a hour nothing happened until one of the scientists yelled in glee as the satellite freed itself correctly from the rocket as it drifted into outer space. Soon the whole control room erupted in cheers and the satellite was quickly brought online.

Alan walked over to the railing and watched as the scientists slowly took over near by military satellites before going after other satellites. The process took nearly a hour for each satellite and before long, it was nearing night fall. Alan turned and left the building before joining his troops at their barracks. He took off his helmet and smiled at the celebrating soldiers. He walked over to his team and received pats on the back from the soldiers he passed.

The celebration last well into the night and most were slightly drunk. The only ones that were not drunk were Alan's fearsome team and some of the battle harden soldiers. Alan looked around and noticed one person missing. Just before he could voice his question, a soldier burst through the door and quickly made his way over to him. Alan turned to him and said, "Report soldier!" The soldier nodded and replied in an exhausted voice, "Sir, there has been an unauthorized exit of two Humvees." Alan's eyes harden and asks, "Which direction were they heading?" Soldier managed to get his breathing under control and replied, "Northeast, sir!" Alan nodded and signaled the only non-drunk soldiers before heading towards the Veritbirds. He quickly headed to the prototype Vertibird and climbed into the cockpit as the remaining members of his team got on board. He quickly got the Vertibird into the air along with two other Vertibirds.

It took nearly a hour to find the two Humvees and they were nearing the border out of Georgia. Acting quickly, Alan fired the main weapon aboard the prototype Vertibird and a ball of lightning shot from the Vertibird. Before either driver of the Humvees could react, the ball of lightning slammed in between them and frying the Humvee's systems. Alan watched as eight figures got out and tried to run. Alan fired a second time and all eight figures crashed into the ground like a sack of potatoes. Alan and another Vertibird landed nearby as the third hovered nearby to provide light and support.

Alan and his group quickly made their way down to the figures. As they got closer, Alan saw that they were all wearing black power armor similar to the one he was wearing. He stopped nearby and said, "Get them onto their knees and get those helmets off. Their power armor won't be back on for hours." He watched as they were brought up onto their knees and glared as he noticed the Enclave symbol in placed of where their symbol was supposed to be. The Enclave soldiers' helmets came off one by one and he gasped in shock as the last Enclave soldier's helmet came off to reveal Emily. Alan glared and said, "So this is how you repay me? After everything I've done for you!" Emily glared back and said, "I never loved you! This was all to get our hands on your technology." Alan looked among the captured Enclave soldiers and saw the weak willed ones. He turned around and said, "I'll give you a choice, either public execution or we throw you to the Deathclaws. After you give us the information we want of course." One by one they chose their fate. Four chose public execution while Emily and the rest chose death. Alan nodded and with a strong backhand, knocked Emily out with the rest following soon after. Alan spat at Emily feet and said, "Strip them of their gear and load them up after cuffing them."

Morning came all too fast for the traitors. Three were already thrown to the Deathclaws and the rest put on the execution block. That is where Emily woke up to the calls of death and screams of pure anger. She turned her head just as Alan began to talk. "Today we finally clean our society of traitors. Here before you are five Enclave spies and among them, our dear Emily. She turned against our great society and sought to bring our technology to our enemies." His words were followed by death calls and threats to the traitors. Alan took out Damnation and slowly went down the line, stopping to press the barrel against a traitor's forehead before pulling the trigger. Soon he came to Emily and said, "Say hello to the Devil for me in hell." His only reply was a glare and with a shrug, he pulled the trigger for the last time. He looked towards the Northeast and vowed to destroy the Enclave once and for all.