Arendelle

Chapter 2

Arendelle

Mrs. Falk has kicked me out. I knew it would happen, but it still hits me, like an icy blast. She told me that they were always hiring in Arendalle castle.

I decide to take a chance.

*******************

As I walk into the gates of festive Arendelle, I hear that it is the queen's coronation. Everyone is excited that they will finally have a queen.

It appears that this is the first time the gates have been open for quite a while. I wonder why. I see a woman and her husband, but what makes her stand out is her hair. It is a dark brown, but extremely short. The fashion now is long hair with braids. I myself have my unruly dark hair pulled back into two braids. The couple look happy.

I listen to their conversation for a few moments.

"I am so happy that Elsa will be queen!" says the woman.

"I am so happy we can go to her coronation together," smiles the man.

"Oh, Eugene," she says. "You just want an excuse to eat some cake!"

"I do not, Rapunzel!" Eugene retaliates.

Rapunzel gave him a look that suggested she knew better.

Now I understand who they are. They are the cousins of the royal family (through Rapunzel), and have their own magical story of how they met. I believe it was made into a movie, called Tangled. You should watch it sometime.

Anyway, what catches my attention now is this singing girl. She is walking through the streets, and singing very loudly. Don't get me wrong, she's not a bad singer. In fact, she is very good. I just don't normally hear any singing, at all.

"For the first time in forever.." she sings. Everybody passes by as if this happens often. I'm sure it does. I can feel that this girl sings often.

I keep walking. I hear a boy complain to his mother about his clothes.

He says: "Why do I have to wear this?"

Mother: "Because it's the queen's coronation day!"

Son: "That's not my fault!".

Indeed, little boy, indeed. Most things are not are fault, but we are responsible for doing something about them.

******************

I straighten my new servants attire. I am to " help wherever help is needed". I wish that was possible.

I had knocked on the castle door, and was ushered inside, quickly. I asked to work there, for I have no where else to go. They accepted me, and said I was to help wherever help was needed.

This is how it went:

"How old are you, sweetie?"

I glared at the woman. "Fifteen."

She glanced at another servant, a man. "And what is your name?" he asks.

"Isen."

He nods. "Hello, Isen. My name is Kai. We would be delighted to have you here with us."

**********************

I see another servant girl. She looks around my age, maybe a little older.

"Hi! Are the new girl? My name is Rowena, and I'm supposed to show you around."

I smile. "Hello. I'm Isen, and I would love to have a guide."

"Great!" she gushes.

As Rowena gives me the grand tour, she also gives me some juicy gossip. It was rumored that Queen Elsa has magical powers and can turn invisible, since she is always shut in her room. Apparently, she invisibly goes out, and meets this boy, whose name is Jack Frost. Rowena completely believes this, and thinks it is sooo romantic. "I mean, wouldn't you love to have your true love have to turn invisible to see you?"

If this is true, then the gates might have been shut so Elsa could conceal her powers.

Another bit of gossip is that the Elsa's sister, the princess, was adopted. I guess she looks nothing like the rest of the family, but Rowena doesn't believe this at all."Honestly, how far fetched is that? My mother told me that the Anna's grandmother's hair was the same shade of red! And both sisters have the same face as their parents!"

As she continued to rattle on, only stopping to point out important places on the tour, I think of the gossip. How much of it is true? How much is just a rumor? I suppose the important question is: What is truth?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So that's done. Any questions? Just ask, and don't forget to comment, follow, and vote! Big thanks to all who have.

Did you like the Jelsa in there? (Even though it's just a rumor. :P) I had a LOT of fun with this chapter.

Extra Credit: Look up what Isen means in Norwegian.

~ Cori