E is for The Great Escape

ZACHARY WILLIAMS

The drive to the club is about 15 minutes away. Ever since my oldest brother died my parents have always blamed themselves for his death they have been a mess. They sent him to make a business deal in Japan during that time there was a war his plane had an explosive in it. He and the other passengers on the plane where used as an example, a collateral when the deal didn't fall through the plane was blown out in mid-air. They blame themselves, my parents and I can see it in their eyes. We haven't really been a family ever seen and I took to drinking and partying every other night just to get away from the chaos, just set my mind at ease. It's been 2 years and this my escape.

Tonight is one of those days, during the summer I spent all my time drinking and partying and having sex. Tonight I'm going out to let off steam.

No girlfriend.

No family.

No responsibilities.

I pulled up to the club and there is a long line of people waiting to get in, I leave my key with the valet.

"Hey Ron, take care of her" I say to the valet guy.

"Yes Sir"

Oh did I mention that I drive a 2018 Telsa Model S and she is my baby, I've always been a fan of those cars every year when the new one comes out I change my car. It's my parents money they don't care how I use it.

Since my family is wealthy I have certain privileges like walking into Elite clubs and events.

Luke, Pete and some of my other friends are in the VIP lounge with dancers on the pole and girls half naked. Luke sees me and then waves then points at some chick grinding on him. He has a huge a grin on his face, yeah, that's Luke for you always with some chick. I smile and give him a thumbs up then walk to the bar to ask for my regular, a bottle of whiskey. I've always liked the burning sensation.

I make my way over to our section, Luke is too busy making out with the chick now so I ignore him and make my way to an open spot to sit, I bumped fist with some of my other friends and send a few nods here and there because the music's too loud to actually say words. Some chick comes over and pours my drink for me she sits right beside me and starts massage my thighs.

"Hey handsome" she whispers in my ear.

I don't turn to look at her then she says " Wanna dance?" this time more like a purr, still with her hands on my thighs.

I don't answer her again instead I lift her up and put her on my lap she turns around and looks at me with a smile on her face and a eyebrow raised like she's questioning me. I give her nod then take a sip from my drink. She is barely wearing anything just a crop top and net leggings that doesn't cover anything. She gets up and starts dancing. That's when I noticed two more girls come over to my side while she's dancing their hands are roaming every inch of my body through my half buttoned shirt.

This is what I need.

By now I am dead drunk, vision blurry and barely even able to walk. The club is closing up, my friends and I are the last to leave. We are practically forced out, politely though. The manager comes up to me and Luke...

"Hey man I'm really sorry You know I would love to host you guys longer but you know it's policy we have to close by 2am" he says

" yeah man we understand" Luke says while trying to get me to stand straight.

"let's go party at your place Luke" I say slurring my words

"yeah Luke let's go to your place" I hear someone say

"Nah man my parents are back home from their trip, but I know perfect place" Luke says still sober. He was our designated driver for the night. Well mine. But some of the other guys tagged along. Luke has always been there for me, he knows what I go through and when to stay sober because we wouldn't want what happened before to happen again.

After I got drunk during the summer I drove back home and got my car rapped around a tree. I was fine but my car wasn't. I almost got my license taken away and a DUI. But my parent got that taken care of. Ever since Luke has taken care of me like a brother would.

We finally make it to the spot it's a deserted area with a lake but perfect for us to continue our party. Luke pulls up and more cars join him. They turn on their car headlights bring out the booze and turn the music up.

We drink, dance, some talk, and some make out. More and more people join in, some we know and other we don't but the more the merrier right.

Hours pass and people start leaving I am busy making out with the lap dance chick and now I'm a little bit more sober after I had a bottle of water.

We stopped to take a breath that's when I look at my time and see it's 5 AM. I look around for Luke but he's nowhere to be found. "Shit" I mutter. How am I suppose to get home now. I left my car at the club

The lap dance girl leans over and says "Ready to take this to my bed?"

I don't know her and I don't know where I am but it's better than nothing. "Yeah sure" I say

We get into her car and drive to her place.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up in a unfamiliar place. The bed is way too soft, and it smells like vanilla. Definitely not my room. I try to get up and look around, but I do that way too fast and that's when the headache hits. I look to my left and there's a naked body there I mentally give myself a high-five because whoever she is her body is hot. What can I say I have good taste. I look around the room for my clothes and phone. Wait it's a school day right, I think so.

Shit! what time is it I look for my phone again in my pocket 7:45 AM I am so going to be late for school but who cares my head is spinning like crazy and I need aspirin I look around for the bathroom but I see some on the nightstand and a cup of water. Perfect. I get my phone out and get an Uber -five minutes away- great just enough time for me to put my clothes on and find the front door I am definitely getting a detention on my second day of school.

8:30AM

I'm strolling casually into the front door of my school. It's a private school so there is security a the door and a receptionist  at the front  waiting to give me a detention or take my excuse.

"Zachary, I am guessing you don't have a slip from your parents explaining why you're late" she says"I did but I left it in my car, do you mind excuse me this one time it's the second day of school please" I wink at her"You don't fool me you've always been like this so here is your detention" she hands me the yellow slip . I roll my eyes and walk away.

"I thought you like me Margaret" i yelled over my shoulder "I am hurt"

How am I going to make it to work today. I was going to quit anyway. I walk into class and my teacher never stops and just continues and I walk over to my seat.

"Alright guys get in pairs you are going to create a short story with your partner and recite it with a presentation. Very short, tomorrow at the start of class"Oh great, I hate group projects. Today is already going to be a bad day.