Chapter One: Sophie

I looked down at my carefully folded hands. My fingers itched to go up to my eyebrows, again. The edges always curled up. I decided to go ahead and make sure they were in place. As usual, they were curled. After touching up my brown, bushy, but neatly shaped eyebrows, I proceeded to tuck in my thick, short brown hair behind my ear. And I mean pixie short. Almost. I quickly dropped my hands and folded them again. My skinny grey jeans felt skinnier than normal. My black medium-length shirt rested nicely against me, though. I crossed my legs again, my black and white tennis shoes slowly pinching my feet. The room I was in was huge, the ceilings maybe twenty feet tall. The carpet was blue. The chairs were an evergreen shade. There was a small stage. The chairs were in a rectangle form, shaping half of the room. Young adults ages thirteen to maybe twenty-six or seven filled up the chairs. Our youth pastor was preaching. But my mind... It kept wondering around. The details of the room, every single one, would catch my eye. That little stripe that seemed irregular from the rest of the carpet. The little bump on the ceiling. And the main person it kept wondering to was... Him... His dirty blonde hair... His brown creamy eyes... His cute glasses and grey outfit... I couldn't stop myself from glancing at him. Sometimes, I even imagined him glancing my way as well. Making eye contact with me.. if only. For the most part, I just simply shrugged at turned my gaze to our pastor. Trying to focus on the youth service. But occasionally, I would catch myself glancing. I would eventually force myself to stop. After the service, I would at once sprint to the foosball table. The one game I was great at. And the one game he and his cousins would enjoy. My friend quickly joined my side, and I tried to keep my disappointment from showing. I smiled brightly at her.
"Let's rock."
When all of a sudden a deep but playful voice interrupted me.
"Alice, get out! I wanna team with Sophie!"
I turned to watch Alice playfully punch a broad shoulder. And I came face to face with him.

Note:
Thank you for reading down this far! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! Please vote and add suggestions or just reviews on what you thought. Thanks and God bless! All love, y'all! 💓