Killing me Softly (boyxboy)

It's almost too much to take. I want it, I want it, I want it so bad but it's so out of my reach, too far...

"Dyaln?" I ask, but the shadowy figure in front of me doesn't focus, and doesn't answer. I reach out, groping for the person in front of me. So far but it's so close... Why isn't he coming closer and is it even Dylan?

And then I feel something touch my face, It feels like a hand, like a gentle hand caressing my cheek, but my vision is still clouded, like I'm underwater or partially blind. My hand quivers as I raise it up to my face and I touch the hand that's holding me there, tethering me to reality so I don't slip away.

I try to speak, but my voice is muted and nothing escapes my lips. I'm so confused, but I feel oddly safe... then the figure that stands before me takes a step closer, and all that I see now are a pair of piercing green eyes.

Emerald and luxuriant, they penetrate through my senses; before there was nothing, now they're here. As I become lost in their iredescence, they begin to remind me of someone else's eyes, someone that I can't seem to put a face to. Maybe it's.. no, it's... could it be..? I'm not sure anymore.

But just before I'm about to question this, his face appears, and then I melt. It's him, he's here and I'm safe. And then the rain begins to fall and the mist rises, and everything that was once strange and trancelike is renewed and fresh. Everything is perfect.

And his lips crash down on mine-

BEEP.BEEP.BEEP.

Noooo.......

And I'm lying in a tangled mass of sheets with my stuffed animal, Pedro the crocodile, on my head. I blink a few times, the last remnants of sleep drifting away, and with them, the dream that I'd been desperately clinging to. Stupid alarm clock... You just had to wake me up at the most intense and most important part of the dream, didn't you?

Moaning, I roll onto my back so my raven black hair falls into my eyes, and yawn loudly, stretching my arms up above my head. And that's when one word echoes in my mind: School.

Ugh. Do not want.

Double ugh.

Depressed at the mere thought of it, I groan and instead, cuddle up to my chest, smiling at the feeling of the fuzzy softness of my pink pyjama pants. How I love these pants; I could feel them all day. They're already making me smile, too.

Maybe I can fall back asleep again, I hope, and scrunch my eyes shut, still wishing to continue my dream. And damn, it was just getting to the good part! Dreams are funny that way... they always seem to self-destruct at the strangest and most wanted moments.

But wait- school means seeing people, seeing people means seeing Dylan, and seeing Dylan is always the most fantabulous thing ever!! But if I fall asleep, I can't see Dylan, and it's been a while weekend since I saw him last and ergh! Who wouldn't love seeing thier boyfriend, the cutest person ever on earth and the entire existence of mankind? Yes, he's just that wonderful.

"Rylie!" Mum calls from across the hall. "Wake up already! If you don't hurry up then you're going to miss the bus and I don't want to have to drive you to school. You're old enough now to know better!"

"I'm up, I'm up..." I moan, and roll over so I fall out of the bed, landing on my plush carpet. Ouch.

But that's not enough to stop me! Popping up like a spring, I bounce to my walk-in closet and with a woosh, dramatically fling open the doors to reveal my many racks of clothing. What to wear, what to wear, I muse. I could go for cool and dress up a bit with a nice shirt, or, I could get some brightly coloured skinnies and then load on the sparkles.