01

chapter status :

edited

E M M A

I wiped the tears on my cheeks and whimpered, storming through the door of my room. I looked at my bed and saw my laptop sitting there.

It was calling my name.

"Emma. Emma. Read me. Come on. Just open me."

I covered my ears and sat on the ground.

I can't give in.

Too late.

I stood up and sat on my bed, taking a deep breath.

Opening up to twitter, there were 99+ notifications. I exhaled slowly, opening the top drawer of my dresser.

I took out my bag full of blades and smiled.

Each one had a word on it.

Ugly.
Fat.
Worthless.
Useless.

Those were just some. I scrolled down my notifications, seeing plenty of hate.

I clicked on the first tweet.

@cliffordsanaconda: Emma is so gross and ugly. Why does Luke even like to be seen with her?

A tear rolled down my cheek and I picked the Gross and Ugly blades out of the pile.

Before I slid them down my wrist, I decided to reply back.

@EmmaKepp : @cliffordsananconda I wonder the same thing every morning :\

I sighed and picked up the Gross blade first, since that was the first word she mentioned.

I closed my eyes, sliding the blade across my wrist, the familiar sensation quite satisfying.

I threw the Gross blade across the bed and grabbed the Ugly one.

My twitter notification blinked again.

I clicked on it and opened it to see a tweet from Luke.

@Luke5SOS: @EmmaKepp @cliffordsanaconda I don't like to be seen with her, I love being seen with her. She is the most important person in my life right now and all you guys do is put her down. Do you like seeing her kill herself?

Tears threatened to pour from my eyes and I threw my laptop across the bed, holding the Ugly blade right above my thigh.

"STOP!" Luke's voice filled the room. I looked at him and the tears fell and I quickly slashed away. He ran towards me and grabbed me by my wrist and I sobbed, looking down at the blood flowing on my legs.

"You can't do this anymore, Em." Luke whispered, and I noticed he was crying.

My head felt weak and my forehead fell on his chest.

"Just let me die already."

.

.

.

[TWO MONTHS EARLIER]

L U K E

"Oh you get back here!" I called chasing Emma around our apartment.

Currently in the middle of a game of tag, she stopped to a halt, causing me to bump into her.

We rolled on the floor and started laughing.

"I love you." I smiled, wrapping my arms around her and pulling her close.

She looked up at me and smiled, placing her lips on mine.

I chuckled and sat up, pulling her up with me.

"I have to be excused to the restroom." Emma giggled, standing up and brushing off her butt.

"Okay. Well how about I make us some hot chocolate and we sit in bed and cuddle while watching Netflix?" I suggested, causing Emma to nod rapidly.

I gave her a thumbs up and skipped into our room.

Taking a quick look around our room, I find no sign of extra blankets.

My eyes finally fell to Emma's dresser.

I walked over, opening the top drawer.

Inside were the blankets. I pulled them out, a small baggie falling on the floor. Out of plain curiosity, I picked it up.

To this day, I wish I hadn't picked up that bag. It would've caused me a lot less stress, a lot less pain.

I wish I never picked up that bag.

But I did.

And inside that bag were blood covered blades. Once I saw that, I felt like collapsing to the ground. My legs felt weak and my eyes were beginning to flood.

"Emma!" I called out in my loudest voice. Foot steps pattered on the hardwood floor, leading to our room.

"What's wrong?" Emma worried, bursting through the door. Her eyes fell to my hands almost instantly, and her expression became unreadable.

"I..I..I can explain." She stuttered, taking a couple steps towards me. I threw the bag on the bed and ran over to Emma, engulfing her in a tight hug.

"Please don't hurt yourself, baby. Please."

___________________

_____

A/N

FIRST CHAPTER YAY

this is going to be the story I write that makes me cry

AND I JUST MADE UP THAT TWITTER SO I HOPE ITS NOT REAL

-Mikaela xoxo