Confused beyond bounds (1 of 2)

Claudia's POV

I did my normal routine before going to school and when it was about 7:30 am, I got out of the house and began walking to school. Though, I'm not a morning person, I've got to admit that I love mornings, the air is still fresh and the silence brings music to my ears. It gives me time to think. Where do the writings go if you erase them, why our brain called itself brain, why Goofy can talk and Pluto can't, that kind of stuff. But today, I could only think of the notorious bad boy, Daniel Chase.

He's like a math problem I can't solve, I haven't had the slightest idea on how his brain works. It frustrates me sometimes, a part of me knows but the other part of me says that I only think I know. My life is full of topsy turvy, but Daniel Chase, changed that. He made me accident prone life seem normal, seem explainable.

Why am I such in a dilemma? Well, let me tell you what happened the past few days.

I was walking at the hallway when I hit something with my shin, or rather my shin got hit by something, oh, not a something but a SOMEONE. Who else could it be? It was Daniel. Before I could land face first on the floor, he managed to catch my glasses and wrap his arm around my waist to keep me from falling, I didn't know if I should be angry or celebrating the fact that, that was such a fairytale-like moment, my face was really red, the proximity of the both of us, I just, ugh, it's unbearable! He looked at my eyes with such intensity that I swore I could melt into a pile of goo, he put my glasses on me and whispered in my ear.

"Watch where you're going." Before, I could even comprehend, that breadstick let me go, making me fall butt first on the ground.

"You darn bread stick!" I also raised my arm and made a fist to showcase my disapproval

The other day, he forced me into the music room and demanded me to play the guitar, but, well... I didn't know how to. That's why I didn't like music class in the first place, Mr. Briggs, our music teacher, keeps scolding me. How was I supposed to know that the bandurria supposedly has 14 strings?

When I started to play a chord, well, a chord to me anyway, I saw Daniel cringe at the sound, suddenly, I felt so conscious, was it really that bad? As I was about to place the guitar stand, he held me back.

"Don't give up, you've barely tried."

Taking in his words of wisdom, I sat back down and began to strum, swallowing the lump in my throat.

After the 26th try to play the G-chord, Daniel finally broke his silence.

"NO, just no. You should've stopped on the 15th try!"

Wow, he was counting?

"Well, sorry! You're complaining? when you're the one who dragged me in here and forced me to play the guitar! You have to enjoy and endure, no matter how terrible it is!" I counter-attack

That's right! I'm normally a pushover and would never lose my cool but Daniel just brings out the inner sass in me, if you consider that sass.

He sighed in defeat and pulled a chair next to me. He pulled my chair closer, put his arm around me and placed his fingers over mine.

"Daniel, um, what are you doing?" I stutter, feeling uncomfortable in my seat

"You green-minded girl, I'm teaching you. "

"You could always, point it out, this close proximity isn't necessary."

"Based on experience, it's more efficient if you learn this way, why? Am I making you nervous?" He says with a smirk

I couldn't find the words to retort, instead we had an accidental stare down, I gazed at his emerald green depths and wish I had the same.

He taught me how to play the basic chords, and I have to admit that it actually sounds like music, and I'm happy with the results!

"See? I'm a hot teacher."

"What?" I laugh ",physique doesn't have anything to do with teaching well! "

"Ah, you're wrong. With my hotness, it gave you inspiration, therefore, hastening your learning process!"

I just laughed and so did he, our eyes locked and we both smiled.

Noticing the sudden silence, Daniel backed away, cleared his throat at proceeded to go out. But before he did, he just had to say a few words.

"I might be overloaded with hotness but you still suck, bye. "

Well...

Despite all the rude things he's done, he's also done really great things. I just don't understand and I hate being confused.

My thoughts were cut off when I realized I've arrived at school.

Well, here goes nothing,

_____________________________________

Updated: March 2, 2015

-invisibilityink