Scary Teacher (Mr. Payne)

Well this is the first chapter! I hope y'all like it :)
_________________
CHAPTER 1:

"Lillian come on we're going to be late for class!" My best friend Stella laughs as we run down the halls.

"Oh don't worry, Mr. Payne never makes a big deal about lateness." I reassure her, but something inside of me knew I was wrong because this past week, he's been kind of moody to just our class.

The bell rings just before we try to enter the room. The door slams shut and Mr. Payne looks at me disappointed. "You girls should have gotten here on time. Now go to the office and get a tardy slip." Stella groans and puts her bag over her shoulder.

"Please, Mr. Payne. I can't afford another tardy, I'll get detention."

"Yes, I know. And you will be spending it with me next Monday after school. Now go and hurry back." He points and I walk away annoyed. When my dad hears that I got detention, he'll take my phone away.

We get back to class from the office and Mr. Payne tells us to take our seats. "Now that these two are finally back, we can start class." He purposefully looked at me when he said 'these two' because he was obviously talking about us. Well why didn't he look at Stella..

The rest of the period went along slower than ever, figuring that now, I'm in a bad mood. I go home and plop down on my bed. It's been such a long week I'm so relieved that it's Friday.

I lay here for about an hour until I hear a knock on my door. My brother walks in and says, "Hey sis, how was your day?" he sits on the edge.

"It kinda sucked."

"Oh..." he pauses. "Well, dad wants you, and he's not very happy." I saw this coming. Here we go.. I get up and make a slow stroll to the kitchen where I'm expecting him to be, cooking meatloaf. Sure enough, I was right.

"Hey daddy.." I say sweetly. He looks up to me as he chops the onions. "What's for dinner?" I ask trying to soften the conversation knowing it's going to get bad pretty soon.

"Your school called twenty minutes ago. About your sixth tardy." Only six? I've been tardy more than- oh wait, that was just the first time Mr. Payne actually marked me tardy. "How the hell do you get six tardies, Lil?" I must not be in that much trouble if he just called me by my nickname. Before I attempt to answer his first question, he asks another. "You know I'm going to have to take your phone don't you? You better go to that detention you have Monday too." I knew it..

He puts his hand out and I give up my precious baby. I turn around and head back to my room. I hear him faintly yellow, "Dinner should be done in fifteen."

--

The weekend went by so slow just because I didn't have my phone. Dad only let me use it to call my mom because she's on a business trip. My alarm goes off, but I'm already awake. I fell asleep really early last night. I cringe as I crawl out of my warm heaven.

I go to the bathroom and chuckle at the sight of my hair. "Oh jeez." I put the water to the hottest setting that I could take.

After showering and getting dressed I go to the kitchen to get something to eat. As usual, there's a box of donuts that my dad left. Aiden runs into the kitchen with his backpack and grabs a chocolate donut. "See you later Lil!" he yells running out of the door.

I take a donut out of the box and sit in the couch and wait for Stella to pick me up. Soon enough, I hear a honk. I run out and buckle up. "Are you forgetting something?" She smiles.

Shit. I forgot my bag and keys on the counter. I run back in and grab it. "Okay, now we can go."

"You didn't lock the door." She says with her hand on her forehead. Oh, come, on! When I get back again, she starts up the car. "You know, you're very forgetful. One day, it's going to bite you in the ass."