Chapter Six

Chapter Six

   I glared up at him as he yanked my arms towards the door. Me? In a small, enclosed space, such as a jail cell? No, thank you! I am proud to say that I have never set foot inside one of those cages. I jerked my arm away and shoved him aside, elbowing him in the gut. He grunted, but quickly regained his footing and dashed after me. Since my hands were cuffed behind my back, it was a bit difficult to run out of the back door. It was my usual escape route.

   "Dammit, stupid handcuffs!" I hissed under my breath. There wasn't enough time for my to take them off, at least not yet. I could practically see the smile on Carter's face if he had heard that. I didn't make it past the fence when I felt strong arms wrap around my waist, and the weight of a man pushed against my back, causing me to fall underneath him. I twisted and struggled, trying to get away from him. He merely smirked in triumph.

   "Why don't you just make this easier for both of us and stop resisting?" he suggested arrogantly. I let out a breath of laughter.

   "Ha! Like that's ever going to happen," I scoffed, "Hear me on this, Logan Carter,"

   He raised an eyebrow, interested in what I was going to say. A small distraction, but a distraction all the same.

   "I will resist. No matter what, I will always resist,"

   With that, I kicked my legs under him and lifted him abruptly off of me. I turned, so my back was to him, then swung my conjoined fists at his face. It was quite difficult, since I couldn't move them as freely as I wished, but it served its purpose. The metal hit his soft face, and it caused him to jerk his face sideways and fall over, flat on his face. He slowly and shakily got to his feet again. I was already off, picking the lock as I was running. I looked over my shoulder and saw Carter sprinting after me. I gripped the handcuffs, opened them, and then let them fly. Carter held his arms up to shield his face, and cuffs clasped themselves around one of his wrists. I heard him growl in frustration, but he concentrated on catching me. Good luck with that.

   "Tracy Anne Marcus! I order you to-" he yelled, but I stopped and cut him off. He was panting a bit, but I hadn't even broken sweat yet.

   "You order me? Oh dear, Mister High-and-Mighty, who ever said I gave a damn?" I asked, mockingly.

   "Listen here, bitch, you're really pissing me off," he growled. I gasped dramatically.

   "You cursed!" I shrieked, pointing at him. He groaned, holding his head in the hand that wasn't attached to the handcuff.

   "I honestly have no idea what I'm going to do with you," he muttered. Suddenly, without warning, he lunged at me and grabbed my arms. I struggled, attempting to kick him where it hurts most, but he moved out of the way, as if anticipating my move.

   "Just get in the damn car," he snarled. He was absolutely furious; his eyes were ablaze. Oh, shit. He's seriously pissed. An idea formed in my head, so I complied without a fight. He was too angry to think. He shoved me in the back and climbed in the front, slamming the door with such force that the car swayed a bit.

   During the car ride, I could hear him mutter under his breath, saying things like "Such a bitch," and "Thinks she so amazing," and stuff like that. I snorted, then gasped loudly and pointed at some random car.

   "Oh my gosh!" I screamed, "It's a puppy!"

   Surprised by my outburst, Carter swerved abruptly, nearly crashing into another car. He pulled into a nearby parking lot and turned off the engine.