Chapter One: Start Acting Royal

Her long crimson ball gown flowed perfectly behind her casting a perfect illusion of fire and with striking looks she was definition of menacing. Her red heels tapped against the newly polished floor sending echos down the desolate corridor of the northern corner. Down stairs her guests were starting to arrive waiting for her and her daughter's arrival and one thing she hate was tardiness and her daughter was nowhere to be found.

"Allison, Allison of Crims come here this instance!," she yelled but her only response  was her voice echoing down the hallway.

"Where could that stubborn girl possibly be?," she moves swiftly down the quiet corridor unaware of the pair of eyes that were following her every move.The unknown figured moved quietly behind the unsuspecting queen and grab her shoulder. She swiftly turned ready you yell at the unknown assailant until she was greeted with a pair of green eyes she knew all to well.

"ALLISON!!",she closed her eyes as she placed a tender her hand over her heart. "You shouldn't scare me like that" as she caught her breath she looked over at at the young girl and frown.

"Allison why are you still in your nightgown our guests have just arrived you should be ready by now" Allison sighed and made her way to one of the nearby windows.

"What if I don't want to go to this ball,I mean there's nothing there for me anyway just a bunch of Dukes & Lords asking for my hand"

"And what's wrong with that my dear?" the queen said "you are of age for them to ask for your hand are you not?"

"But I don't know them, and if I am to marry anyone I would hope it will be out of love and not because it's my duty mother",she finally stealing a glance at her mother who was examining one of the painting hanging on the nearby wall.

"Love?", the queen seemed amused by the word "love is is a naive word my dear" she said final looking at her daughter.

"Why should it be so naive to believe in love mother? You must have been in love before?" Allison ask her mother with hope that she would understand in someway.

"Yes I have been in love but I've been hurt by love as well " the queen said meeting her daughter at the window."And I learned building walls to protect yourself is better and easier then love have ever been".

"But mother-"Allison started but she was cut off before she could get to the point.

"No buts Allison it's your duty so I suggest you start acting royal",the queen said turning away from her daughter. At this moment any trace of the tender moment the two had just shared was gone and the cold ruler was back.

"Now get ready I expect you down in 15 minutes no later do I make myself clear?" She said over her shoulder as she began her way back to the ballroom.

Allison hung I her head done in defeat knowing that there was no point in trying to change her mother's mind when it was clearly made already. "Yes I understand my queen"

"Good I'll send Juliet to come help you get ready"and with that the queen was gone leaving nothing but the echoes of her heels.

"Start acting royal",Allison whispered to herself "easier said than done" and with that she made her way to her room without another word.