Nove

The inspiration came and I wrote it really quick, tbh.

Just so no one tries to comment about their ages being wrong; I am aware. I made it that way for a reason. I'm establishing ages in this chapter and, no, most of them will not be accurate to the actually ages/age differences with the characters.

Anyhoodles,

As always: comment, vote, and enjoy!

- Nico_Solace

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=Thalia=

"Where is your brother?" I demanded from the small brown girl working out in front of me.

Hazel looked up as she pulled out one of her earbuds. "What was that?"

"Where is your brother? I can't seem to find him anywhere and I'm sick of his coward ass avoiding me."

Hazel shrugged, resuming her workout. "How should I know? Bianca is the one assigned to keeping tabs on us."

"I already looked for her and I can't find her either."

"Well, if she doesn't pop up soon, Jason would know. He knows where Nico is when is Nico doesn't know."

"Jason?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Jason is Nico's personal assistant and public representative. If Jason doesn't know where Nico is, Nico is probably dead. He's blonde, blue eyed, wears glasses, and almost always wears gray slacks with a blue button down. Oh, and he has a scar on his upper lip."

"Okay." I turned, already headed to find this Jason.

"You're welcome." I heard Hazel mutter as I turned to see her putting her earbud back in.

---

"Are you Jason?" I asked the blonde man with his back to me.

He turned to face me and my eyes widened almost comically.

"I am. What can I do for you, your Highness?" He replied, his face carefully blank.

"Jason?" I squeaked before I realized I was talking.

"That is my name, Highness." He nodded, letting a nervous laugh escape.

"No, you're- what? I don't understand."

Jason allowed a sad laugh this time. "I'm assuming you are referring to me being your brother."

"I haven't seen you in fifteen years!" My eyes - annoyingly - decided that moment would be a perfect time to start crying. "What happened? Where have you been? Have you been here the whole time?"

Jason held up a hand, silencing me. "I've been here. After mother's meltdown and death when I was almost five, I was told Father did not want a baby running around the castle when he needed to focus on you and your future. I was sent here to serve under Hades and his family."

"But- why? Why did no one tell me? Have they been nice to you? Have you been treated well?"

Jason gave a tight smile. "The di Angelos have been lovely to me. I have my own quarters here in the castle despite everyone else living in town or in the servants' house. Nico and I are best friends. I am paid well. Treated as family. No one told you because they knew you wouldn't be able to handle it. I was raised treated as if they were my siblings."

One tear slipped down my face and I quickly composed myself. Here I was, twenty-five years old looking at my twenty-one year old brother and sobbing like I wasn't a princess.

I put my hand out for a hand shake. "Hello, Jason. My name is Thalia and I am your older sister. I am the crowned Princess of Caray and the future Queen of Malavita. I would love to get to know you."

Jason slowly took my hand and shook it. "Hello, Thalia. I'm Jason, your younger brother. I'm the unofficially-crowned Prince of Caray, PA and PR for Prince Niccolo, and resident of Malavita. I would also love to know you."

"Awesome. Thank you. Now," I cleared my throat. "I really do have a question for you."

"Shoot."

"Do you know where Nico is? I believe it's time for me to talk to him."

"Yeah. He's in the city. He's at his friend Elena's house. I'll arrange a car for you." He pulled out his phone, typing some things before looking up again. "Oh, right. Dress more... Civilian. Most Malavitans don't know what you look like, but that will get you noticed as royalty immediately."

I looked down at the designer jeans and blouse I was wearing, realizing it stood out quite obviously. "Oh. Do you know where I could find civilian clothes? Father refuses to allow it."

"I'll go find Piper."

---

=Piper=

I stopped going through my clothing racks once again when I saw Jason walking over with a smile on his face.

"Why, hello there lovely wife of mine." He grabbed me by my hips before dipping me and planting a kiss on my lips.

I pulled back with a loud laugh. "Hey, babe. What's got you in such a good mood?"

"I finally got to meet my sister." He beamed, putting me back on my feet. "And I kinda need you to do her a favor."

"What sort of favor?"

"Your specialty; a clothing favor. She's going in to the city and needs to be inconspicuous."

That's when I saw Thalia round the corner in her typical designer outfit. I motioned for her to come closer as she walked near.

"Oh! Thalia, this is my wife. Piper, this is my sister." Jason quickly introduces us.

Thalia looks to Jason. "Wife?"

"That's me." I piped up. "We got married six months ago."

"Well, congratulations."

"Thank you. Now, let me see what I can do to make someone as stunning as yourself inconspicuous."

And with that, I whisked her into my workspace.

---

=Nico=

Elena and I were having yet another argument over my hiding when there was another knock at the door. I was expecting it to be Bianca again so I walked over and threw open the door, ready for another fight.

What I was not expecting was to see Thalia standing at the door in the plainest outfit I had ever seen.

My eyebrows scrunched as I stepped back, inviting her in.

"Um, El? We've got a visitor," I called over my shoulder.

"If it's Bianca, tell her to fuck off!" Elena called back from her room.

"It's not Bia but I'm still debating the 'fuck off' part."

Thalia gave me a tight smile, stepping into the small apartment. "Thank you."

"Yeah." I replied. "Why are you here? Wait, scratch that. How are you here?"

"Jason arranged a car for me." She looked around for a moment before turning back. "Thank you for everything with him, by the way. I am glad he's had a good home the last fifteen years."

"He's not a dog, Thalia. Now, why are you here?"

"I believe it's time for us to talk."