Epilogue

DANNI

Six months later

“Oliver! Chris! Come on! We’ve got twenty minutes and neither of you are up yet! If you don’t open this door within the next five-”

“Danni, hey, relax.” Darren wrapped his arms around Danni’s waist, hugging her from behind. She relaxed into his touch, leaning against his chest. “They’ll get up. Eventually.” Danni could hear the smile in his voice. He kissed the back of her head as she sighed.

“They never leave their room. Ever. Don’t you think that’s a little unhealthy? Don’t they need to shower or something?”

“Oh, I’m sure they shower,” Darren mumbled. Danni swatted his arm on her stomach, causing her boyfriend to chuckle.

“So did not want that picture in my head,” she declared, shaking her head. Darren swung her around, keeping his arms around her.

“Want a different one?”

He leaned in, just barely brushing her lips with his, causing her to stretch up. She wound her hands around his neck, crushing their lips together as Darren pulled her close. She still wasn’t used to this. Living with him, being with him. It was still surreal.

“Get a room!” Oliver shouted through the door before slamming it shut. Danni thought she heard Chris chuckle and rolled her eyes.

“I’m thinking we should have left one of them at Cora and Joey’s.” Danni said. Darren laughed and squeezed her tight. Danni smiled up at him.

“I love you,” she said. Darren went slightly limp as he stared at her, his face showing his disbelief.

“What?” he whispered, a small smile creeping across his features.

“I love you.”