How to stay Cool this summer

SPONGE RACE!

Materials:

2 large sponges

4 large buckets

A hose and water

1) Create 2 teams

2) Place down one bucket closest to the starting place.

3) Take ten large steps and place down the second bucket for each team.

4) Fill one bucket with water.

5) Each team must fill their sponge with water run down to the other side and squeeze it into the empty bucket.

6) Players run and then go to the back of the line, the teams with the most water in their second bucket after the time is up is the winner.

Pick a time limit based on the number of players.

2) Have both buckets filled and have to carry the sponge back and forth in weird ways, such as on your head, in your armpit, between your legs or knees. Make sure that the sponge is re filled with water every side switch.

POOL RACES

Ø  Wet t-shirt race) Each player must swim to the other side of the pool and switch the shirt with the next player on their team and then swim back to the other side of the pool. Race against another team to see who can get all of their members across the pool first.

Ø  Noodle) same idea just make them swim with a pool noodle between their legs.

Ø  Throw a diving stick to the bottom of the pool and race to see who can get it and bring it back up to the wall first. This game is fun with torpedoes because they change directions from where you threw it so the thrower doesn’t have an advantage.

Ø  Race in tubes. Sit up on the tube and see who can cross the pool faster. Sit inside the tube and race again.

Ø  Race on rafts.

Water Balloons

Pass them back and forth to taking a step back each time trying not to break them.

Have a straight up water fight. It is always best to have them pre filled so you don’t have to stop and fill more constantly.

WATER GUN FIGHT

Make sure you have an outdoor fill up station, so you are not dripping water into the house. It’s a good idea to have towels so you can dry off afterwards, or use it as a chance to dry in the sun and maybe get a little tan.

Slip and Slide

There’s not much to say about this one except for do it!

A good way to cool off is run through the sprinklers!!!!

Homemade popsicles and sitting in the shade of a nice big tree with friends is a nice way to stay cool this summer.