Peter's Impulsive Decision

In the midnight hours of Never Land while everyone is fast asleep, Peter straps on his pointed shoes and readies his belt to act on his impulsive decision. Peter lays down his golden sword knowing he will no longer need it and runs out of the tree house without a seconds thought. Tinker bell chases after him with a rush of glitter trailing behind her.

"Are you not even going to say bye to the Boys?!" She shouts inches from Peter's face. 

"I always leave Never Land without saying bye." Peter tells her. Tinker bell flutters backwards to keep Peter's eyes from crossing and stares at him with her broken heart and swollen eyes.

"You know this is different, Peter." She tries to explain as Peter saddens while reaching for a fallen tear of hers. It shatters into dark pixie dust while landing on his palm; Peter Sighs.

"You know I don't like saying goodbye. Goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting. I'll never forget; especially you Tink, but my adventures here are over. Nothing compares to the adventures that await Wendy's daughter and I!" 

"What are you saying Peter?" Tink dares to ask. Peter turns to look at the moons and begins to wonder out loud.  

"To live would be a great adventure, and Muyra promises to help me try it!" Tinker Bell's amazing glow dims as she flys to a nearby twig to cry softly as she has seen that look in Peter's eyes before; the look of needing more than Never Land or even she can offer.

"Oh Tink, don't cry, you know me, I'll probably hate it and fly back faster than you can cry bangerang! Besides, I'd be insulting the boys if I assume they couldn't take care of themselves. Tell them I'll be back with amazing stories worth waiting for, that'll hold them." 

Not as convinced as Tinker Bell is of the increasing amnesia that occurs with each absence of Never Land, Peter leaves to earth with the optimistic hopes of returning soon again.                                                                                                                 ________

The next day was told to be the saddest day of Never Land. The Lost Boys awoke like normal but to a grey and sunless morning. The Boys knew Peter had left but only assumed it to be his usual ventures that took no more than a few days. Still, everyone was on edge in the morning and with no one to blame. It was heard that even Hook cried from his chambers that night for what appeared to be no reason what so ever. As if cursed itself, Never Land seemed to fall into a great depression with that very absence of Peter Pan. 

It was ultimately Tinker Bell's refusal to leave her apartment that got the lost boy's attention. It wasn't long before they realized that Tinker Bell did not also leave with Peter as they all began to notice a growing pile of black pixie dust forming under and around her hanging clock-tower. It took a few more days to finally work the nerve to call for her name. 

"Tink??" Asks Pockets as the others huddle around her apartment. "are you alive??" A few minutes of silence pass before they hear Tinker Bell's reply. 

"He's not coming back." She tells them. The boys look at each other already accepting the facts but try and reassure Tink to make her feel better. 

"Oh he'll be back when he's ready, he always comes back. Let's go for a fly Tink, you can sprinkle your dust around, make everything happy again!" Tinker bell finally opens the door to her apartment as a flood of dark pixie dust spills over to the ground. 

"Don't you guys get it?! He's not coming back!" While every fiber in Tinker Bell's body wanted to lash out her anger towards Peter, she was quickly trampled by the shock of sight in front of her. Her eyes drag across the filthy room to the piles of dishes left unattended at the sink. She stares at the dirty rags the Lost boys are wearing for clothes and lands her sights on Thudpud. 

"Thudpud! You're almost as skinny as Latchboy! Why aren't you boys doing your chores? Are you that dependent!" She questions in angered surprise. 

"Well our chore games aren't as fun as the ones Peter would make". Pockets replies as he shakes away the dark pixie dust from top his head. 

Tinker Bell sees the scared confusion in the returning faces and warms up while realizing her selfish mistake. 

"Gather the Lost Boys." She tells them. "Tonight we feast." The boys instantly smile wide with jumps and shouts as they rush outside to spread the word.

(((((NOTE! I really want to keep working on this but I owe too many people the second part of my other Story BEARTH, including myself... but OH will this be a fun project for me, just you wait!)))))...

I sure did take my sweet time lol, its done though! And now to finish Bearth... wish me luck!