Chapter 1

SORRY IF PRONOUNS ARE WACKY IM DOING MY BEST

Trixie's POV

Adrenaline coarsed through my veins as I moved my body in the most unimaginable of ways. Katya and I were both dripping with sweat. I ached all over, but I continued. Oh the things we do to please our audience. We'd been jumping around like idiots and lip syncing to 90's hits for nearly two hours and we were suffering a great deal as you could imagine. We only had one more song to go before we took a break for fan questions. It felt like an eternity, but we finally finished. Katya grabbed my hand and dragged me to the edge of the stage where she plopped down, legs dangling. While she answered questions, I finally had the time to cool off a little. It was my turn now, as a fan walked up to the mic. He asked a question that almost made me uncomfortable. I wasn't sure why, but I was just the slightest bit tongue tied in that moment. "Hi Trixie! I just wanted to ask, would you ever date Katya?" I sat in silence for a minute and then responded sarcastically, as always. "Oh, we're already in a life-long committed lesbian relationship." I always do this when I'm uncomfortable. It usually distracts the person asking for long enough so that they forget about a real answer altogether. I answered a couple more, and before I knew it, we were back on our feet dancing again.

Katya's POV

I absolutely love touring with Trixie. It makes sweating in a skin tight dress all-the more enjoyable to have my best friend there with me. Our last song came on. It was Wannabe by the Spice Girls. I watched Trixie get all into it, despite her utter exhaustion. I love when she really gets into her performance. It's nice to see her happy, and as her best friend what more could I want. I kicked into gear and showed off all of my crazy death-defying moves which included lying on my back and kicking my feet around like a dead bug as well as tons of splits. Trixie and I looked at each other and immediately started dancing together, holding invisible microphones as if we were singing the different parts. I stared deeply and intensely into her eyes and then laughed hysterically at myself. She laughed too. The final verse of the song was halfway through, and I didn't want it to end even though I felt like a bowl of jello. I looked over at Trixie. I grabbed her face and pulled her towards me until her lips met mine. To my surprise, she leaned in farther, deepening the kiss, then she pulled away. The audience screamed as the lights went dim and we made our way backstage.