I'll Never Let You Go

🌯

"Marco, what is that" Star asked as she pointed to what was in Marco's hand.

"Oh, it's a burrito" Marco replied.

Marco opened his mouth and was about to take a bite out of the burrito when Star snatched it out of his hands.

"How could you even think about eating such an innocent thing" Star glared at him.
"Patrick has his whole life to live and you were just about to end it"

"You already have a name for him" Marco exclaimed then sighed.
"Star, give me back my burrito please. I'm hungry" as if on que, his stomach rumbled loudly.

"No, you can not eat Patrick. He's to young to die"

Marco gave up and went over to the fridge to get the ingredients needed to make a sandwich.

About 5 minutes later, he sat down beside Star on the couch and watched TV.

A small yawn escaped Star's mouth.

"I'm going to sleep" Star said and got up.

"Aren't you hungry?" Marco asked.

"Na. I'm good" Star replied.

"But it's only 7" Marco said. He didn't want to be alone for the rest of the night. He was used to being up at 3am because of Star.

"Yeah but I need to read a bedtime story to Patrick. If I don't, he won't sleep at all"
"Of course, Patrick, the burrito" Marco raised his voice at the end of his sentence.

"Shhhh, Patrick has sensitive ears"

"It's a piece of food, not a newborn baby" 

"Don't talk to Patrick like that, you probably hurt his feelings" Star walked upstairs to her room.

"Don't worry Patrick. Marco just doesn't understand" She said once she was in the privacy of her room.

Star put the burrito under the covers and got a book from her shelf. She sat at the foot if the bed and opened up the book on the first page.

"Once upon a time, there was a little girl who lived in a village near the forest. Whenever she went out, the little girl wore a red riding cloak, so everyone in the village called her Little Red Riding Hood..."

Star read the book to Patrick, enjoying every moment. She purposely picked this book because the woodman reminded her of herself when she fought Ludo and other badies.

"...And then Little Red Riding Hood, her Grandmother and the woodman lived happily ever after. The End" Star closed the hardback book and placed it back on her shelf. Star changed into her pyjamas and then slid her body under the bedsheets.

"I'll never let you go my little burrito" Star wrapped her hands around the tortilla.
"I'll make sure no one eats you"

🌯

Marco watched Star sleep in her room. He really wanted that burrito but Star was looking after the thing like her life depended on it. He had used the finest ingredients to make that burrito and wouldn't want them to go to waste.

He crept into her room, being careful not to step on a creepy floorboard and walked over to be bed.

He reached her bed and slowly placed his hand on the burrito.

Star rolled over on her side and faced the opposite way.

"I'll never let you go" Star muttered in her sleep and wrapped her hands tighter around the burrito.

Marco walked to the other end of Star's bed but Star just rolled over to the other side.

"I give up" Marco said quietly walked out of her room. "You win Star"

As soon as Marco left, Star muttered something in her sleep.
"My yummy little burrito" She liked her lips and moved closer to the burrito.

🌯  

"Ahhhhhhh" a scream was heard from Star's bedroom.

Marco shot up from his bed and ran to the source of the scream.

"What happened?" Marco asked as he entered her room.

"My burrito... it's gone" She trembled as she pointed to the empty spot on her pillow.

Marco walked up and inspected the crime scene.

Crumbs were all over the pillow and a trailed lead to Star's pillow, then suddenly stopped.

With a serious look on his face, Marco tried to figure out what happened. Star stood beside him, sad to know that hey little Patrick was gone.

"Crumbs... pillows... burritos..." Marco thought hard.

"I know what happened to Patrick!" Marco exclaimed.

"Who what happened to my poor Patrick" Star asked, worried for the little burrito.

"He was eaten" Marco said.
And the culprit is in this room right now"

Star glared at Marco with disappointment.
"I knew you wanted to eat Patrick. All you cared about-" Star was interrupted by Marco.

"It was you Star, you ate Patrick" he said blankly.

"H-how, I would never eat Patrick" Star protested.

"Then why do you have crumbs all over your mouth?" Marco smirked.

"I do not have crumbs on my mouth" Star touched her lips and felt crumbs.
"Those are probably from last night"

"But you went to bed early last night and didn't eat anything so you could look after Patrick" Marco shot back.

Star's mouth slowly started to form into a small 'o'.
"Oh My gosh, I killed Patrick. Cute, little, innocent Patrick" She finally managed to say.

"I promised to not let anyone eat him but... I ate him"
"I'm a monster!" Star fell to her knees dramaticly and stared at the ceiling top her bedroom.

"Star, calm down, it was only a burrito" Marco sat bedside her and tried to comfort her.

"Plus, your stomach probably enjoyed eating the burrito" Marco tried to cheer her up.

"Hmm, maybe your right Marco"
Star thought about it in her head.

"It was a piece of food... but it was made by Marco and any food made by Marco is good food. It would have been eaten sooner or later. I'm kinda surprised it lasted that long" a small smile formed on Star's face then a few giggles slipped out of her mouth, whitch then turned into a laughing fit.

"Star, are you OK?" Marco asked.

"Y-yeah" Star managed to say between giggles.
"I just realised that I gave a burrito a name, I read a book to a burrito, I treated it like a new born baby.Who does that?"

"Only Star does that" Marco laughed with her.

🌯