Merlin's Diary

3rd Person POV
•••
"Merlin, are you alright?!" Arthur asks, worried. Gwaine, Elyan, Percival and Leon ran up to them. They had just been fighting bandits, but Merlin got the worst of it.

"What happened?" Elyan asks as he got to his friends, Merlin was lying on the ground, unconscious, while Arthur was holding him, his eyes watery.

"I don't know, wait, there-" Arthur says pointing to Merlin's leg, everyone could see an arrow. None of them were physicians, but they were a three days ride from Camelot.

"What do we do? Arthur?" Percival asks, worried. Merlin was getting more restless. Arthur thought his temperature was rising. For once, Arthur had no clue what to do.

"I don't know, we should stay here for the night-" Arthur stops talking and looks behind Merlin, there was a few people in cloaks walking towards them. All of the knights got ready with their swords, not sure what to expect.

"Arthur Pendragon," one of them said, Arthur stands up, still close to Merlin. He didn't want to leave him at a time like this, he cared too much for him.

"Who are you?"

"We are the druids, we bay you no harm, we come only to help," Arthur nods, at this point he'd do anything to help Merlin. 

"Do what you can,"

•••

"Eh, look what I found!" Gwaine says holding up a book. The druids heeled Merlin, and when Arthur would get to Camelot, he would make magic legal. After all, he was never going to hang Merlin for having magic, why should he do the same to others?

"What did you find, Gwaine?" Percival asks, sounding bored. They had two days to reach to Camelot and he was still stuck with Gwaine.

"The end to our suffering?" Elyan commented, getting even more annoyed, was it too much to ask for piece and quiet? Elyan was more interested in Arthur, who hadn't spoken in a day.

"No, ergh, honestly! It's Merlin's diary!"

Everyone stared at Gwaine, even Arthur, who had been looking at the ground for two days straight. Merlin was going to be unconscious until they got to Gaius, who knew what to do.

"Don't read it," Leon said, almost doubting himself, he respected Merlin's privacy, but, like, it was Merlin they were on about. Gwaine rolled his eyes, ignoring him.

"So today started off normal, Arthur, being well, Arthur. Around lunch, I felt that druid, what's his face, Mordred, talking. I heard him. They were going to break into Camelot, tonight,"

Gwaine stopped, confused,

"Wait, Arthur, this was a few days ago! That's when Morgana-" everyone hushed, him. They wanted him to continue reading, snatching it off him, Elyan read the diary.

"I didn't think much of it until around 11 when I was asleep, I tried to ignore their conversation, but it was too powerful, I had to stop them. Kilgharrah warned me about this, I just didn't expect it to be so soon. Listening in, the boy was in a barrel, he had an accomplice, they were heading for Morgana's chambers-"

"Oi, you've had your turn, I'm reading it now," Gwaine snatched it back. Arthur rolled his eyes, he felt guilty. He took it hard on Merlin when they weren't there, Morgana had fooled them all.

"Arthur didn't believe me, he had me double the chores I had to do today. I don't get why he can't just see... Anyway. It's time for bed, some of my wound and scars are killing me, I don't know if I'll be able to get any sleep, but it's worth a try,"

It was silent, the knights were speachless. Even Arthur was quiet, they were trying to process what he had wrote.

"Ok, I wanna see what he wrote about the day we found out he had magic, so that was, last week- ah! Got it!" Gwaine says, smiling. Nobody stopped him this time. They were all intrigued

"Today was interesting to say the least. Long story short the knights and Arthur know I have magic. I'm amazed my head isn't chopped off and they don't hate me-"

"Why would we ever hate him!" Arthur spoke, causing the five knights to jump. They hadn't heard him talk in a day. Elyan patted him on the back as Gwaine continued.

"I knew they'd find out eventually. Just didn't realise it would be this soon. Arthur wasn't mad, I expected him to be, but I guess he was just disappointed. I know how much he hates magic. I knew it will take a while for him to except me for me, it's the way he is, I suppose. It's always awkward whenever Uther wants him to marry one of the princesses - I always get-"

"And that's enough of that entry." Gwaine said closing the book shut. The knights groaned in annoyance, and Arthur tried to take it away from him to read it himself. He just had to know what Merlin was going to say next. He just had to know!

"Gwaine, if you don't give me that book I will personally kill you," Arthur threatens. Gwaine's eyes widened. He knew that he wasn't joking.

"Ok, ok, I'll finish this entry, but this, is the last one," Gwaine says, Arthur nodded, even though he knew what Merlin was going to say, but he just wanted to know for sure.

"I always get jealous. I don't know why I feel this way, I try my best to hide my feelings, because I know we can never be anything. It's stupid to think he may even care about me, I know he doesn't. I've seen the way Gwen use to look at Arthur, if... If they marry, I don't know what I'll do."

Gwaine finishes, waiting to see Arthur's reaction. He actually wasn't suprised that Merlin fancied Arthur, he could always see it, in his eyes.

Arthur didn't know what to think, so instead, he changed the subject.

"You lot need to get some sleep, I'll keep watch,"

•••

"Arthur?" Merlin asks when he wakes up in the middle of the night. He was lying on the ground, with Arthur waiting anxiously next to him, it looked like he'd been crying.

"Merlin? You shouldn't be awake?" Arthur questions, trying to hide the fact that he was crying. The truth is, Arthur has always loved Merlin. Gwen was never anything, he always knew deep down who he really loved.

"I'm fine- ow," Arthur looks at Merlin, with a week smile, rolling his eyes.

"You're not fine," he commented, Merlin laughs,

"Neither are you, what's wrong?" Arthur took a deep breath,

"Why did you never tell me you loved me?" He asks, Merlin's eyes widened as he noticed his diary in Arthur's hand. Then, he sighed.

"Because you don't love me back," he says quietly. Arthur lies down next to Merlin, holding his hand,

"Of course I do, you clotpole," he smirks, leaning closer to Merlin. They smiled as they kissed, Merlin couldn't believe this was actually happening. When they broke apart, Merlin said,

"Dollophead,"