A New Life~ Angel

"Forget what hurt you in the past, but never forget what it taught you." 

~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~

Life was pure bliss. 

That's all there was to it. Every day I spent my time surrounded by precious loved ones, treasuring every moment with them. There was a permanent smile forever etched on my face, even when I was by myself, which was hardly ever. This new calamity towards life was all due to one important thing: I was no longer in danger. There wasn't a single thing to worry or be concerned about. My home is this elegant little place called Heaven. And this smile on my face right now is a result of Hunter's sudden appearance by my side. 

Hunter. How do I even begin to describe him? 

Thousands of years ago, an extremely powerful man created the most perfect human being in the entire world. The powerful man gave him a beautiful body, soul and spirit. He planted seeds of kindness and love into this man's brain and mind. After He finished making the man, realization hit Him hard: this human being was made too perfect to be human.

So He transformed the unnamed man into a Guardian angel and named him Haniel. That's the story of how Hunter was born, he told me once when we were alone together. It didn't feel right calling him by his angelic name because that's not what I knew him as, so we agreed on Hunter. Just like he called me Angel when my real name was Natalie. 

He had a specific purpose; to watch over his assigned human on earth and protect them when possible. Normally the people that were given to him were in terrible danger, in various forms of it. This one time he saved a man destined to die aboard the ship Titanic and instead allowed him to live a full life. 

Hunter brings joy to those around him, and that especially includes me. He was originally assigned to be my Guardian angel to protect me from "the bad guys." Fallen angel's, to be precise. A gang (literally) made me their project and attempted taking over my body so they could feel things like a human would. If Hunter hadn't intervened, they would have succeeded. Their gang leader Tony, shudder, tried lulling me in to get me to fall in love with him. If I had said out loud that I loved him, he would've taken over my body for good. 

Hunter saved me, but I ended up making a choice nobody expected. 

I committed suicide. 

It sounds horrible, but it had to be done. Others ask me if I regreted my decision or if I would take any of it back. The answer to both is a firm no. 

My life now is so insurmountably happy that I feel like exploding sometimes. Not literally, of course. But everything just kind of worked out after human me passed away. I was finally able reconnect with my deceased mother, whom I missed terribly, and got closer to my dad as well. It was a shame all of my drama had to get him murdered by the gang, but seeing his exhilarated face while standing next to my mom makes those thoughts easily slip away. 

And how could I forget the life Hunter and I lived? 

It was like a dream, a fairytale. I lived in a perfect world and got to spend all the time in it with my loving boyfriend. We rarely spent time away from each other, nor did our lips ever depart when we were together. He ravished me with warm, feathery kisses all day and night long. His laugh made me laugh and vise versa. I had no doubt about it now; I was in love with him. My angel. 

We returned almost every night to our spot in the woods, with the beautiful rolling waterfall and baby-soft green grass. Sometimes it was nice when we were just silent and listened to the crickets chirping and the water tumble down the mossy rocks. When I was with him we didn't have to say a word to have the best conversation ever. And this is how we were meant to be, forever. Peacefully, blissfully. 

Well, except for one thing. 

Tony and the Fallen angels were still out there, waiting to snatch up their next victim. Despite his previous failed attempt, Hunter was ready to come face to face with them again.

"Only this time Angel, I will win," he said with a heated passion brewing behind his eyes. I knew he would, and I wanted to help him out with it. Speed up the process, I guess you could say. But in all honesty, those fuckers put me straight through hell and back, and they deserved cold hard revenge. 

Whoops, did I just cuss in Heaven? Oh well. 

I could go on and on about my magnificent life here, but that would take forever. There isn't one thing that isn't amazing or flawless. But I'll get to all that eventually. 

"Hey," Hunter said, walking up behind me. 

There's that sweet voice of his, the one that makes me swoon every time.

"Hey, you." 

Currently, I sat yoga style in a grassy field, surrounded by yellow wildflowers that swayed in the wind when its speed picked up. I was wearing a white robe, cut off at the knees to show off some leg. A little customizing I proudly did myself. It wasn't a requirement to wear white, but everything is just so light and airy it's hard to resist at times. 

"I knew I'd find you here. What are you thinking about now?" he asked while plopping down beside me. 

"Summing up life, the usual. How about you? It's been about, fifteen minutes, since I've seen you last?" I teased, but he knew I would never grow tired of his presence. 

"I actually have some important news to tell you. A certain someone wishes to speak to you privately, a certain person that goes by the name Heavenly father," he said, raising his eyebrow. 

"Are you serious? Right now?" I asked, excitement coursing through me in waves. I'd never really had a deep conversation with Him before, so this could only mean one thing. 

"Yup. If you want my input, I'm guessing he wants to assign you someone to watch over." 

Shrieking, I jumped in his arms. Just another day in paradise. 

~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~

Please comment and vote my loves! It truly encourages me to update faster, and that is what you want am I right? Thanks for reading! 

~angel~