Chapter eleven

Few weeks pass and you find yourself in a motel near Kansas City. You wish you had some case but you can't find anything for a while now and it annoys you. You switch on TV, wanting to kill some time, but your phone starts ringing.

"Yeah?" You say as you answer the call.

"Hey, (y/n). How are you?" Sam says on the other side.

"I'm fine, you?" You smile into the phone. You're glad he called.

"Okay, I was wondering if you could help us with a case?" Sam asks, chuckling lightly.

"Oh, well I'm free right now, so why not. What's the case about?" You sit up, suddenly feeling a lot better.

"We found a huge werewolf nest and we can't do this one alone." He replies.

"Damn, that sounds really good. Where are you?" You grin. You haven't killed anything in a while, this will be fun.

Sam gives you the address and you are happy to hear that it's only a few hours away. You promise you will get there no later than tomorrow. You start whistling as you pack your things.

...

When you arrive at the motel, you notice Dean's car in the parking lot, which still looks amazing. You sigh as you remember your last conversation with Dean. Fortunately there's Sam, who seems to always have your back.

You hesitantly knock on the door, bracing yourself for what's about to come. Imagine your surprise, when a complete stranger opens the door.

"Oh...hey, I'm sorry I guess I got the room number wrong." You stutter.

"No problem." The man nods, but when he notices your gun behind your waistband, he raises his eyebrow.

"Aren't you (y/n)?" He questions as he leans on the doorframe. His muscles flex and you catch yourself staring at them. He's quite handsome. He has deep blue eyes and blonde hair, which seems to be soft.

"Yeah....you are?" You nod, still a bit confused.

"Stan, I'm a friend of the Winchesters. Sam told me that you're coming. I was nearby so I offered help." He shrugs as if it was a no big deal to go on a killing spree with the Winchesters. You realize that the brothers probably have many contacts around the states. How many hunters have they called before they had to call you? Were you their last choice?

You shake your head, not wanting to kill the mood with your paranoid thoughts.

"So could you lead me to the right room?" You smile at him.

"That won't be hard, they are right next to me." He chuckles as he points to the door right next to his room. You redden a bit, but quickly walk past him so you don't make any further embarrassment.

As you knock on the second door, you still feel Stan's gaze on your profile. There's no answer, so you bang more loudly, frowning. Afterwards you hear a loud thump and groaning.

"Who the fuck are you that you dare to wake me up?!!" Man shouts in to your face as soon as he opens the door. You are so in shock that you only stutter an apology. The man yells at you a few more insults before he slams the door shut. You stare a few more seconds on the closed door, processing what's just happened.

"You asshole!" You scream at Stan, who starts laughing once you realize what he's done.

"I'm sorry, man. You shouldn't trust a stranger though." He keeps laughing and his laugh is kind of infectious. Soon enough you hear yourself laughing as well.

After you two calm yourself down, Stan leads you to the Winchesters. You make him knock on the door just to make sure that it's not another prank.

As Dean opens the door, your mood immediately drops. There's his mean look again, staring right into your face.