Chapter two

Mordred and I walk out of mine and Gaius's chambers and towards Arthur's room. Mordred is staring at me like he is debating rather or not to tell me something.

"What is it?" I ask him. "Merlin," he begins "listen I do not know why you do not trust me and to be completely honest I don't care. But I'm just asking for this one time to work with me because I think this is is going to be serious. This women had powerful magic. And I don't think she likes Arthur too well. So please trust me. Just this once." His eyes are pleading. And for a moment the image of him killing Arthur, wether it has happened yet or not, flashes in my mind. The future is not set in stone, I remind myself. I stare at him for a moment thinking. At last I nod.

"Just don't give me another reason not to trust you." I turn on my heels walking away, not giving him a chance to ask any questions.

I rush into Arthur room. "Sire?" I ask looking round the room.

"Over here, Merlin" he says from behind the dressing screen. "I could use a little help" I walk behind the screen to find Arthur trying, and failing, to dress himself. He was trying to put his head through the sleeve and the shirt was inside out.

I shook my head and let out a small laugh. Hard to believe Arthur was destined to be the greatest king to ever be and yet he couldn't even dress himself.

"Here. Let me help you" I grin, walking up behind him. I tug the shirt off and help put it on properly. "Any plans for today" I asked to fill the silence though I really couldn't care less.

"Well, I would assume you have at least enough brains about you to know what happened last night. We are having a meeting with the witch to determine what to do with her."

He answered with a bored look on his face.

"Sounds exciting" I reply sarcastically. "Have fun." Arthur laughs.

"You as well because your attendance is required " I let my hands fall to my side with a sigh. He glance at the look on my face and laughed. "Now come on we don't want to be late."

When we arrive to the meeting I am out of breath. Arthur sprinted all the way here forcing me to run along behind him.

Arthur rolls his eyes in my direction. "Why is this even debatable? Wouldn't you normally just kill her?" I question, struggling to make my voice sound not too bitter.

He didn't answer but instead walks inside the room. Everyone bows there heads slightly.

Arthur walks to the front of the room while I stay to the back. I glance over at Mordred who looks extremely worried. I shake my head a little. That boy can not handle pressure. He notices me looking at him so I mouth 'calm down' to him.

The doors burst open and a few knights enter, dragging the sorceress with them. They push her down on her knees in front of the king.

"You used sorcery in my land." Arthur states. The women laughs loudly.

"Well of course I did! It's who I am. And besides I needed to talk to you. With everyone present." She grind and leans forward. "The Druids kicked me out and I want revenge."

Arthur leans back. "The Druids are a peaceful people. I will not attack unless they do so first." Her grin widens.

"I don't want you to attack them, Arthur. I wish to tell you there secret." Confusion settled on his face "secret?" He question

Her eyes dart left and right and I could tell what she was looking for. Mordred and I. I tense up and it takes everything I have not to scream at her to stop.

Finally she reveals "oh, Arthur. How little you know. You rule and kill my kind and you do not even realize the two sorcerers right under your nose." She pauses "the two in this room right now."