O N E

Tuesday 17th August 2074

"Do I have to?"

"Yes, you do," Seokjin says.

"But why?"

"Cos it's going to be fun!" Seokjin says loudly through the phone.

"But it's so late."

"You're not an old man Taehyung."

"Well maybe I am," I sigh.

"Please, man, just come with me."

Reluctantly, I finally agree, to which he squeals in delight.

"Thank you!"

***

"You better not leave me alone in there," I deadpan.

"Yeah yeah, sure," he pushes me from behind towards the house, alive with the loud music and colourful lights seeping through the windows. Even from outside, the house seems to be throbbing with the bright colours and noises. It's like the house has its own atmosphere.

The front door is closed so he rings the doorbell, but no one answers so Seokjin turns the door handle, and we head inside. Instantly, the pounding music invades my ears, as the lights blare in my face. I'm pretty sure my ear drums will burst any second now.

The strobe lights flash and swivel all around the house. Everywhere you look, sweaty bodies of all sorts of young people, intertwined as they dance. I will never understand the appeal of parties.

My black jumper only making me hotter, I keep walking ahead, pushing past people.

I groan as I realise Seokjin is nowhere to be seen. At least for a minute, until I spot him in the centre of the huge room, surrounded by his friends. I'm glad someone's having fun.

"Hey bae."

I spin around to locate the owner of the voice to find a girl shorter than me, dressed in a red bandeau top. Her silky. black skirt is riding up, her tanned legs on show. She's very pretty, to say the least.

"Hi," I smile.

"Do you want a drink darling?"

"Mm, water's fine, thanks."

She looks up at me and I can see in her eyes that she's already a little tipsy. She reaches for my arm and gives it a little squeeze.

"You don't drink?"

"Nah, I like being sober."

"Alright," she trails off. She nudges her way through, struggling a little with her footing until I can't see her past everyone else.

I turn the opposite way and manage to find a sofa, in which I suppose is the living room. It's still just as loud and cramped. My head starts to ache, and I try to move away from everyone else as much as possible Taking a seat, I fish out my phone from my pocket and click on my messages.

Hey, you okay?
-Taehyung

I wait a few minutes, staring at my phone before it vibrates in my hand.