Chapter 3: a well needed catch up.

I love a late start at work, I love a lie in- but I don't love waking up with a hangover. I think I got carried away with the wine last night, I definitely drowned my sorrows.

Where is Juan? I need my long lost best friend. I just need his soft sweet voice here with me giving me advice, making me feel protected from all my issues and problems. I roll out of bed and do the routine of brushing my teeth and doing my usual skincare routine quickly in the bathroom. The Chelsea boys have training at 3pm, I have another 3 hours to sit and ride out this hangover. Another 3 hours to sit here and overthink every single bad thing in my life. Why did Ross have to leave me? Why was I not good enough for him? I wasn't enough for Fernando, and now I'm not good enough for him? Sums up my life, it really does.

*3:00pm, Chelsea training ground: Cobham*

I stand at the side of the training pitch, watching all the footballers filter onto the green. I stand and stare watching every single one, watching and waiting for my Juan.

There he is, his little bouncy curls blowing when the wind catches them. He spots me and runs over quickly, making my heart skip a beat. This should not be happening after just coming out my relationship.

"Sorry about last night Lauryn." Juan smiles. Wow that smile, too much my stomach is going crazy. He has been sent from heaven. So so beautiful.

I smile. "Don't worry, I don't mind."

"I'll talk after training." Juan replies. He winks at me then jogs off into the distance, his little man booty jiggling.

Time to do my job, watch for any injuries, try and fix them and give the players my help and support. At least work will take my mind off Ross.

Two hours later, training finishes.

All I want to do tonight is just chill, in my shorts and baggy tee. No boys no wine, just movies and a nice pizza all to myself.

I am currently just sitting in the cafeteria of Cobham waiting for the players to leave so I can go home. I don't even have the patience for Juan right now, he is probably another head fuck. I look up from my hot chocolate and see Juan at the doorway, analysing me by the looks of things.

He walks over slowly. "Lauryn... you don't seem okay."

I sigh and shake my head. "You know what? I'm not okay." I speak trying to fight back the tears.

Juan frowns and puts one arm around me. "What's up? Is it me?"

I giggle, staying strong and not letting my emotions get the best of me. "No Juan it isn't you. I just feel so alone right now. Me and Ross broke up." Juan looked totally shocked, he clearly didn't know I had a boyfriend.

"Who is Ross?" He frowns. "Is that Ross Barkley the one on your instagram?"

Did I just hear that right... Juan has been stalking my instagram? No wonder he left early last night. "Yeah the Everton footballer." I sigh again.

"You're too good for him anyway have you seen yourself? You're beautiful, too good for a player like him. He seems sweet like butter wouldn't melt- but trust me he isn't what he seems. Don't go back there. Please take this advice." Juan smiles putting one hand over mine. "You're coming to my place tonight, we need that catch up we were going to have last night. You can't be left on your own right now."