Meetings

I stand around my slightly empty room making sure I have everything it wasn't my first time moving into a dorm but it was a different college and it was going to be like freshman year all over again. At least this time I was driving myself, a junior who felt like a freshman having to get use to a whole new place and people. Let's just hope that the people are as nice as the people I met and became friends with at my old school.

"Maria are you ready to go?" My mom calls

"Yeah was just doing one last sweep of the house." I call back

"Well you should get going you know how long the drive is"

"I know I know I'm coming"

I was in for an eight hour drive I had plenty of other schools I could have picked from that where a shorter drive but something was pulling me to this new school out in virginia beach remembering that made me feel better because that technically meant that everyone was a freshman. I head downstairs to say goodbye to my parents I had said it to my brothers already, all my good friends were three hours away in the opposite way from my new life. I send a text to my best friend Elle as I got in the car to tell her I was heading out. My car was a 2012 Mazda2 and the color was called aquatic blue, I call it turquoise. With one last wave to my parents I pulled out of the driveway not knowing when I would pull out of it again. About half way through my drive my phone rings I answer it through bluetooth.

"What do I owe the pleasure?" I answer as a joke with my bestfriend

"Haha yeah how's the drive going?"

"Boring and long about half way there"

"Have you stopped yet?"

"Yeah I did I got gas and went to the bathroom about an hour ago and grabbed a snack"

"That's good, it will be harder to see you now" She sighs

"I know but we will figure things out"

"Yeah we will"

"Elle I don't know why the hell I'm so nervous"

"It's a new place new people your eight hours at least from anyone you actually know that's why."

"Fair but I was so drawn to this place, I could have chosen like three other places I felt the need to go here"

"You'll be fine you are good with people"

"Fair enough i guess you're right."

"Well I'm going to let you focus on the road I just wanted to check in."

"I'll let you know when I get there"

"Yeah talk to you later."

I hang up and turn up my music concentrating on the road and the idiots around me before I knew it I'm was pulling into the campus and the dorm parking lot. As soon as I step out of the car I am greeted by a girl who is dressed like a cheerleader and has bleach blond hair who I assume is a dorm adviser or something like that.

"Hello Hello I'm Pepper I am the dorm adviser in dorm 6 what dorm are you in" She cheers, (one point on the dorm adviser.)

"I'm in dorm 8 room 17" I tell her while snickering to myself

"Oh well you will probably want to drive around the corner so you are closer to your building"

"Thank you Pepper"

"You're welcome your adviser Megan will meet you over there"

I get back in my car with a nod hoping that Megan was not as peppy as Pepper is. I drive around the corner as told and pull into the spot between a bright Pink car and a dark blue one. As I get out of the car this time the brunette who is dressed in a tshirt and jeans walks up.