Chapter Two

Everyone was celerbrating that night for the great Resa himself had come to visit the town which was chosen as the new capital. Since the other one, many years ago had be burned to the ground by drunken knights, slaughtering many people in its process.

The blacksmith though had a gift to give to the young ones...

"Mci deserk cinders*," the blacksmith said softly and gently," I give you a gift tonight."

Diono and Apalla nodded their heads as they watched the man pull out a velvet red bag that he always wore to his pants that were tied by a small piece of golden rope.

"I have had these ever since you both were founded by me," the blacksmith says as he takes the bag off of his pants and opens it.

The teenagers' eyes widen as the blacksmith pulls out two necklaces. Each with a special charm.

One had a sun medallion, made with brass and copper upon a bronzed chain. The other was a titanium and platinum moon medallion with a silver chain.

"These are special, my cinders, they hold great power you understand? Each one was for you... and I believe that you are ready for them tonight," he told the twins as he placed the sun upon Apalla and the moon upon Diono.

"You both are worthy of much more than you think," he said as he stood up," Now as a gift... I give an order to stay here at home and to not leave this household while I go attended my wife to an adult party. Do I make myself clear children?"

"Yes, sir," the twins say in unison.

Later that night

Diono and Apalla watched the parade below. They were very bored since, they had nothing to do today. Also, the blacksmith and his wife left them to go to a party for only the older people. 

  Apalla wanted to go and join the parade. She enjoyed the dancers and the musicians while Diono enjoyed the animals but wishing they were not chained or caged. They both sighed and walked away from the window to the hay bed they share together.

  "Diono, how come we can't go out there?," Apalla asked her twin brother.

"I do not know my sister," he answered her honestly.

  Apalla than began to dance around trying to mimic the parade dancers moves. Diono watched his sister then clapped when she took a bow at the end of her performance.

"Wonderful job sister," Diono praises." You are going to be a great dancer one day of all the land."

Apalla fell amongst the bed and hugged her brother. "Thank you Diono."

  Diono hugged his sister back in return. He then began to wonder if they will ever get out of the town and go follow their dreams, or stay here to take over the blacksmith's shop. They then broke apart when a rapid knock came to the door.

  Diono and Apalla ran downstairs to the front door. Diono opened it only to find one of the great Resa's guards.

"May we help you sir?," Diono asked trying to not let fear get in the way. The guard only nodded and pointed at Apalla.

Apalla looked at her twin worriedly and scared as she coward behind him from the silent guard's point. "Diono... I'm scared," she said clutching onto her brother's shirt. Her now sunshine demeanor only seem to set.

Diono looked back at the guard, his purple eyes now narrowed like the point of an arrow",Why, is that you need my sister?," he questioned with a small growl to follow it.

"Because she is to be my wife," a voice said from somewhere else since their was no movement of lips from the guard before him.

"Who dares speak?,"Diono asked before the guard moved to the side a bit.

A sinful laugh sparked the night as Resa appeared.

"I do."

Diono back chilled as he began to tremble seeing Resa, the king, himself in the flesh before them. Apalla hid further behind her brother because of the way Resa was looking at her with those eyes like she was a trophy.

"Brother.... I don't want to go with him....," Apalla whimpered from behind her brother, grabbing tighter onto his shirt as though thinking she could just hide from the scary king.

"And you never will Apalla," Diono said to his sister. He looked back at the king furious. "I'm sorry but the answer is no, and will forever be no."

Resa grew furious in an instanst, he ordered the guard in front of him to move further out if the way. He walked up to Diono who stood there unflinching. Resa grabbed Diono's shirt and pulled him up to meet his eyes.

"YOU, WILL GIVE ME YOUR SISTER TO MARRY THIS INSTANT!!," the great ruler spat out in rage.

But soon Resa noticed something.. familiar as he brought the boy's face closer but then something flashed in Diono's eyes that made Resa let go and  step away. Resa looked at Diono and saw a silver chain poking out of the boy's shirt to which was soon covered when Diono fixed his clothing.

Diono continued to glare at the king, as he let out a buff in annoyance.

The great ruler only seemed to smile wickedly and laughed in tad bit of delight,"Fine boy,  kept your sister...," soon followed by another small laugh. "But you have been warned... for tonight.... cause tomorrow she will be mine."

Turning on his heel, Resa left the terrified twins alone, as he quickly disappeared into the night. The guard looked at them for a moment before leaving as well.

But Diono and Apalla were still in shocked of what had happened. They soon dashed inside, and locked all the doors as they went up to their room. Let's just say that they could barely sleep that night.... for they were afraid of what could happen if their eyes would close, and perhaps never see each other again.