10. Christmas At The Malfoys

Cassi had been sleeping soundly in her room when she suddenly felt a small body jumping on her, groaning she woke up and grabbed the young boy as she began to tickle him “Aren’t you a little terror?” she laughed as she continued to tickle him and he screamed with laughter “Cass... no!” he squealed as he tried to get away from her but it was no use. She looked up as she heard a low laugh and smiled as she saw Draco standing there, it was Christmas Eve “Morning dad” she said softly, finally stopping tickling her younger brother who gave her a big hug and giggled softly as he cuddled in, Cassi’s arms wrapped around the small blonde, they had only known each other less than a week but they were so close already. Draco walked in and gave her a small kiss on the top of the head “Morning Princess, Astoria was asking if you wanted to go to the shops with her?” he asked and Cassi grinned “Please! I really need to buy some things” she said as she jumped up, making sure not to hurt Scorpius. Draco nodded as he picked his son up “Okay, I’ll let her know… Breakfast will be ready soon” he informed her before walking out.

Cassi grinned as she looked into her wardrobe; Draco had bought her some nice outfits while she was there. She picked out a green dress that had long sleeves; the sleeves were trimmed with silver lace as was the hem of the skirt. She nodded as she placed that on her bed with a pair of thick black tights and her underwear before jumping in for a quick shower. Cassi slipped on her black boots before looking in the mirror, dried her hair and straightened it with magic before applying a thin line of eyeliner to her eyelids.  She made her way down the stairs slowly and took her usual seat at the table as the young house elf, Petal, began to plate out the food she had been cooking. “Thank you” I said softly before beginning to eat.

Astoria smiled as she watched the girl closely, it was strange how fast she had grown a part of the family but she had always wanted a daughter… Of course there was still time for that to happen, Scorpius was only three just now. When they were all finished she slowly stood up and looked to Cassi “Go get your jacket and we will head out” she said with a warm smile as she leaned down to kiss Draco lightly on the lips “I shall see you later” she mumbled as she walked over and kissed Scorpius’ head “Be good for daddy” she smiled and went to get her jacket on. Cassi ran up the stairs and grabbed a black winter coat and a black beret style hat. She applied a light pink lip gloss before heading back down the stairs where Astoria was waiting for her. “Let’s go” she said softly as she opened the door and they headed out into the cold weather.

Cassi had never seen so many fancy looking shops in all her life. Astoria ended up buying Cassi a long dress that was absolutely beautiful and a pair of small high heels, her first pair ever. “Oh, I think you should get a purse and some jewellery to match” Astoria smiled as they walked into other shops and soon both girls were carrying many bags from all the shops they had been to. It was almost tea-time before the two girls returned home and found Scorpius already running around in a pair of pyjamas that looked like a Santa suit. “Mummy! Cassi!” he giggled and ran over, hugging their legs. Draco smiled and walked over as he picked the boy up; kissing both their cheeks “Go put your bags away in your rooms and I’ll get Petal to plate out dinner” he told them and made his way back into the kitchen. “Hope dad likes his present” Cassi mumbled as Astoria smiled watching her run up the stairs and into her room.

Cassi changed into a deep green pair of silk pyjamas and a green Santa hat where the fur trim was silver. Once she had put all her bags down which included some presents she made her way downstairs to find both the adults in their pyjamas, they had already informed Cassi that this was a tradition for the family on Christmas. The Malfoys smiled as they made their way to the table as the house elf began to dish out dinner. The meal was one of the best that she had ever tasted and she finished every bit of it which was something that hardly ever happened for the young girl. After the meal they all sat in the living room and watched a couple of films, Scorpius fell asleep curled up in Cassi’s lap so when she felt herself getting tired she said goodnight to Draco and Astoria before slowly making her way up the stairs and tucked her little brother into bed, kissing him lightly on the head “Night you little monkey” she whispered as she made her way into her room and snuggled into the bed, letting sleep take over.

Cassi was woken up abruptly the next morning with Scorpius jumping up and down on her “Cassi! Cassi wake up! Santa been! Santa been!” She smiled as she picked him up and hugged him tightly “Okay, go get mum and dad” she whispered to him and climbed out of bed, wrapping a silk house coat around herself as she made her way out the room and smiled as she saw Draco and Astoria leaving their bedroom “Merry Christmas Cassiopeia” Astoria smiled at her, “Merry Christmas, Princess” Draco grinned. Cassi smiled at them softly “Merry Christmas dad, Astoria…” she said as she followed them down the stairs and over to where the presents were under the tree. She smiled watching as Scorpius unwrapped all his presents first before she opened her own. She was given a beautiful silver ring with an emerald on it, Draco smiled as she admired it “It was my Mother’” he told her softly and she thanked him before opening her other presents. In the end she had a lot of sweets and books as well as her own broomstick that she was told she would be allowed to take to Hogwarts in her second year, Draco promised to give her some Quidditch lessons.

When lunchtime came around, the family just had some sandwiches, Draco explained that they would be going to his old family home where there was to be a large feast. “You can wear your new dress” Astoria said with a small smile on her lips. Cassi nodded as she headed up the stairs and in for a shower, it was an hour later before she was dressed in the green dress that had silver stitching that looked like delicate leaves near the hem of the skirt. She magically changed her hair to the most perfect curls that she had ever given herself and Astoria walked in, pinning the hair up so it framed her face, making her look like an angel. Cassi smiled as she slipped the silver high heels on and her silver jewellery, a silver leaf bracelet and a chain that had an identical leaf pendant. She couldn’t help but feel grown up as she looked at her reflection before slowly slipping her ring on and looking in the mirror “You look beautiful” Astoria whispered in her ear as she applied her make-up, making her look even more grown up. “Thanks… mum” Cassi smiled as she wrapped her arms around her tightly, hugging her.

Astoria was shocked to hear Cassi call her ‘mum’ but at the same time she was ecstatic. Once everyone was ready, they used floo powder to travel to the family mansion and Cassi held her younger brother close, he was dressed in a black suit, green shirt and silver tie… All four of them were dressed in the Slytherin colours which made them all look like a proper family. When Cassi stepped out the fireplace she was shocked to see a boy sitting at the table with dark hair and pink eyes “Teddy!” she exclaimed as she ran over and he wrapped his arms around her tightly “Hey babe, you look amazing” he whispered as he kissed her lightly on the lips. Draco frowned, coughing as he looked to his cousin’s son “Teddy… Put my daughter down” he muttered but then smiled, obviously not minding that they were together at all. Cassi cuddled into Teddy’s side, she couldn’t believe that not only was she spending Christmas with her family but she was also spending it with her boyfriend as well.

Dinner was the most fancy meal she had ever had, she made sure to keep her manners at their best and copied Astoria’s actions to make sure that she didn’t do anything wrong. After the meal was over, Draco explained to a couple of people the situation and they welcomed Cassi into the family with open arms. The first to do this was Narcissa, her gran, who was absolutely thrilled to meet the young girl. “I hope I can meet your brother sometime soon, I hear he was named after my cousin…” she mused and Draco nodded “Yes she was” he mumbled as he placed a hand on Cassi’s shoulder. The whole party was extremely formal and Cassi hardly got any time with Teddy at all, it didn’t help that Scorpius constantly wanted to hold her hand but she didn’t mind so much as she knew that she would soon be returning to Hogwarts and not be able to see the little rascal for quite a while.

The night went on and soon they found themselves falling asleep in different bedrooms. Seeing as there was not a small bed that Scorpius wouldn’t hurt himself if he fell out, he slept in the same bed as Cassi who didn’t mind one bit as she wrapped her arms around him and held him close to her. She sang the usual lullaby that she had sung to him and soon they were both asleep, looking forward to the next day where they would be spending it with Sirius, Rose and Hugo. Scorpius was looking forward to spending time with someone his own age and someone younger. Cassi couldn’t stop smiling, knowing that she would be seeing her twin brother soon… She had missed him so much and really needed a hug off him.

She had no idea, the horrors she would learn the next day.