Chapter 5

I jumped into the cold water, posing and jumping on a surfboard. I laughed and fell off, diving into the bright blue water, near, but not next to the docks. When I finished filming the video for that part, I grabbed a towel, and ran it through my hair to dry it off a little. I put a soft, pink sundress over my white bikini and slipped my sunglasses on. I walked barefoot along the shore until I bumped into a person. I looked up from my phone and lifted my sunglasses. "Oops, sorry," I said. I frowned a little. "Aha, it's okay. It was my fault, I didn't see where I was going. Wait! You're--" "Yeah," I said blushing a little. "Your work is amazing, you're so pretty. I mean--uh, I'm Matt," he said. He had a football in one hand and smiled. He looked familiar... "Um, Matt Espinosa?" I asked a little nervous. He made vines and was part of the Magcon guys, but I'd never met him. He smiled. "Yeah, part of Magcon. We make vines. Carter and I came up today to hang out, just to get out of Los Angeles," He said. He pointed to a guy who had his hat on backwards and looked Asian. He waved. I smiled and waved back. "So," he kicked the cold, wet sand with his foot. "You wanna hang out, sorta?" "Sure," I said. Carter walked over an greeted me. He hugged me and asked to take a selfie with me. He posted it on Instagram and Twitter, then tagged me in both. "Hey, it was nice meeting you, but I have to go get something to eat," he laughed. "Would you like anything?" I shook my head. I ate before I was shooting my video. "No thanks, I'm not really hungry. Thank you though." I said, smiling. He nodded, waved, and walked off. I turned toward Matt. He smiled and motioned me over to walk with him. "Tell me about yourself," He said. I laughed and shrugged. "What's there to tell? Paparazzi practically expose my life to everyone; my life is an open book, honestly." He nodded slowly, like he understood. "I get that, they do it to is too. Well...do you like Ferris Wheels or Roller Coasters better?" Matt asked. "Roller Coasters," I said grinning. We walked past by a dock and came out from under it. Cool water tickled my feet. "My turn!" I smiled widely. Matt laughed and shrugged. "Go ahead." "Apples or bananas?" He laughed again. "Classic. Good one, ummm. bananas," I laughed. "Why is that?" "Because it's shaped like a penis." We screeched with laughter. "Hey, what time is it?" I asked. "Time for you to get a watch," he grinned. I rolled my eyes and slapped his arm. "Ouch. For a small, pretty girl, you do hit pretty hard," he said, rubbing where I hit him. I blushed and looked down at the sand. "Sorry," I paused for a second and I looked up at him. "You think I'm pretty?" I asked. He shrugged. "Well, yeah. You're talented, funny, crazy and smart. You're what everyone wants to be, or if they can't, want to be friends with." I frowned a little. "Not everyone," I sighed. I stopped and sat down on the sand. He stopped and turned to look at me. "Hey, what's wrong? Did I make you feel bad?" He said. He crouched and sat down next to me and put his hand on top of mine. I looked at him. I rolled my eyes. "A lot of people don't like me, that's for sure, I'm doing what I love and I get criticized. It seems like nothing makes them happy, like I care." He smiled a little and leaned in to look in my eyes, then whispered into my ear. "Fuck the haters. They're jealous," he said. Each word sent shivers up my spine. I smiled a little. Matt smiled back and pulled me in for a small hug. My phone rang. I looked at Matt and shrugged. "Sorry, gotta take this." I sat up straighter and cleared my throat. "Hello?" I said. "Ariana! Where are you? You're supposed to be here shooting! We also need another person, we need a guy to star in it. And maybe another guy as an extra. The last one quit on us because he couldn't "handle the drama" on set. What drama?! Come on, we need to hurry up!" I rolled my eyes. "Calm your ass, okay? I'll be there. Just hanging out with a friend, gosh." I hang up and turn around to face Matt. He looked up from his phone. I sigh. "This might be crazy, but can you star in a music video with me? Oh, and Carter too. Last one bailed on us and we need an extra." He smiled and nodded. "Crazy is my middle name, let's go."

-

Sorry I didn't update over the weekend, I thought published it but I guess it didn't. Oops 😅😬