Five

"What's happening in here?" I questioned taking notice to the boys fancy attire and I could smell Dylan from a mile away. He always wore too much cologne no matter how many times I told him he smelled like the inside of a fragrance shop. Dylan was wearing a black plaid shirt and his nice jeans and by nice jeans I mean his only pair that didn't have seven holes in them. "We are going out." He concluded as if it were obvious based on their choice of attire. Evander was looking sharp as well and my heart palpitated seeing him in a royal blue flannel and a pair of dark wash jeans. Instead of cowboy boots like my brother he was wearing some nice sneakers.

"Well you two look nice where are you going?" Dylan scratched the back of his head giving me a hopeful look. "Am I the designated driver?" Dylan gave me a giant grin flashing me his best 'you rock!' expression. "I have to get ready." I rolled my eyes escaping to my room frantically going through my closet wanting to look especially hot. I slipped into some ripped up short shorts, a white shirt with a gorgeous lace detail that my stomach peeped through and my boots. We were going to the Cowboy no doubt and I wouldn't be caught without my cowboy boots in a place like that. I kept my long blonde hair wavy and my make-up minimal seeing as I didn't want to take forever. I showed myself twenty minutes later and Dylan had a disapproving look on his face at my choice of outfit. 

"Well I'm not having any fun tonight." He grumbled. I rolled my eyes at him, "And why is that?" He motioned to my attire, "Because I'm going to be worried about you!" I laughed loudly at his dramatics. "Oh whatever. I'll wear this." I grabbed an oversized peach cardigan that was mostly see through. "And I'll invite a friend?" I suggested/asked. He nodded his head agreeing, "I would feel much better about taking you with us." I shot a text to my best friend Morgan who accepted the invitation in a matter of minutes. "Let's swing by Morgan's." We piled into my brother's truck that was small for three people and we still had to get Morgan.

Once we arrived Evander let me out on his side and I didn't ignore the pulling I'd felt toward him as I brushed past him to get my friend. She was nearly ready just had to pull on some boots. "So where are we going?" She questioned out of breath. "My brother and his friend needed a DD and I needed a dance partner." I wiggled my eyebrows at her. She giggled grabbing her purse she'd laid on the couch. "Well I'm pretty good at that." She wiggled her hips in response. "You know I have a crush on your brother too so this works out in my favor. Maybe he will be into me now that I have boobs." I gagged at the thought of her with my brother holding my hands over my ears so I couldn't hear this conversation. She pulled on my arms annoyed. "Stop acting like you're five." She dragged me to the truck making sure she was the first in so she could be beside my brother. I squeezed in best I could having to lean forward on my feet so Evander could get in and close the door. I blushed when I sat back and was practically sitting in his lap my thigh on his despite my best efforts to lean more on Morgan.

Then there was the awkward who's arm goes in front situation for a second until we settled with my arm over his. I tried to relax into his shoulder but his touch burned mine with fervor. The twenty minute drive to the club was like torture for me. Every time he squirmed beneath me I felt it in my bones, and my stomach was full of butterflies. Luckily Morgan filled the space with good conversation. She was very talkative and for once that was fine with me. We filed out and immediately Evander stuck out like a sore thumb. He looked like he belonged in the big city, not here.

I hadn't realized I'd been staring too much until he eyed me curiously. I blushed immediately averting my eyes looking at anything else. We entered the loud club after flashing our IDs Morgan and I being under age were marked with big black Xs on the back of both hands indicating to the bartender we couldn't drink.