Chapter 12: Mission Day

I woke up to Macey in my face.  “AHHHHHHHH!!!!!” I shrieked.  “GET OUT OF MY ROOM!” “No way.  I have to put devices in your uniform and let you know something.  Don’t do that at a sleepover if you get invited.  She will immediately kicked you out of the group,” Macey said. “UGH……” I said pulling the covers over my head.  Wait.  Today is the start of my mission! I thought.  I sprung out of my bed knocking a vase and Macey over.  I took the beeline to my closet and quickly got my uniform on before Macey had a chance to put one of her physco devices in it.  “You will not be touching my uniform,” I spat.  "No need to!  I already did!” Macey said.  Your pin is a camera and a microphone so I’m basically with you everywhere you go,” Macey said smugly.  I gaped at her.  Ugghhh.  “And here is your hearing aids back,” She said giving me my hearing devices back.  “WHAT DID YOU DO,” I said loud and as calmly as I could while putting my hearing aids on.  “Oh nothing much, it’s just that you can hear me give directions so you don’t end up being a fool before you make friends with Paige,” Macey responded.  “Blah blah blah Macey, now get out of my room before I do!” I yelled while putting my hearing aids on.  She scurried out of the room, while I got ready.  I put my uniform on, which was a really ugly white polo shirt, with an even uglier skirt.  This will be so worth it I thought while putting on my navy blue vest with that awful computerized badge on.  “Ten minutes!” Aunt Abby yelled from downstairs.  I hopped to the bathroom while putting on my white converse.  I ran a brush through my hair and put a bobby pin to pull my bangs back, and rushed downstairs to Abby handing me all sorts of gadgets.  I stared at her and she just shrugged.  "Um, how am I supposed to keep all of this without blowing my cover?!" I questioned while trying to balance a tube of lip gloss on top of everything.  That tube is actually a shocking tazor for girls... "Here's a cube that opens and expands to a big purse that you put your things in," Aunt Abby said handing me a cube with the initials Louis Vuitton on it.  “I can close the bag into a cube again right?” “Yes Katarina Ann.” Abby said sighing.  Just then, the doorbell rang.  “I got it!”  Macey yelled sprinting towards the door.  I ran after her.  Macey opened the door before I could stop running and I flew right into something causing it to top over with me on top of it, sadly.  Wait, Scratch that, someone.  “It’s nice to see you again!  I am so sorry!  My cousin is kind of clumsy!”  Macey said lying through her teeth.  “Mace I know your lying.  I know her,” said a too familiar voice.  Oh no.  It can’t be him.  Just no.  I winced thinking.  I slowly looked up, only to see the sea blue eyes of Sean Solomon.  He smirked at me and said, “Well well well, Kittykat, what a suprise to see you!  You haven’t changed lately kluzty,”  I scowled at him and got up.  Sean held his hand out and I yanked him up, only to let go again to make him fall back down again.  You see, Sean and I have known each other since pre spy school.  Back then, we were best friends, more like siblings, as well as the two highest scoring spies in the school at age 7.  Crazy right?  Then his father betrayed my dad on that seriously dangerous mission causing my father to go missing.  That’s right, Joe Solomon, MY COVEOPS TEACHER, is the dad of the boy right in front of me.  After the betrayal, I started to avoid Sean at all costs.  Then he made new friends.  His new friends weren’t very polite to me, since I was known as the daughter of the highest M16 agent the world has seen.  They thought I was a big shot.  To be honest, the person I mostly wanted to impress was my dad. Now back to the past. Sean’s buddies bullied me a lot, and Sean would just stay off to the side watching it instead of helping.  I didn’t need help to begin with, I just wanted to be alone.  Afterall, I just lost my father, my best friend in the entire world!  After 2 weeks of dealing with this, I begged my mom to let me into Gallagher Academy, because she had just became the headmistress there, under the sub for my father, the rightful headmaster at the academy.  My mom pulled me out of pre spy school, coincidentally the same time Sean's parents pulled Sean out of the school too for some unknown reason.  His mom and my mom were pretty good friends, so they talked while signing the papers of getting out of that horrible place I once thought was amazing.  It was an awkward silence between Sean and I, and I was fighting back the tears threatening to escape because the sight of the Solomons reminded me of my father. I guess Sean realized how upset I was because he pulled me out of the office onto the field.  We just sat there, holding hands, me still fighting back tears.  "You know, it's worse to keep your feelings inside.  If you want to cry, I'll be shoulder you can cry on.  You can cry now, there's no one around." And that's when I broke down.  That was the first and last time I cried, as well as the last time Sean and I had a good moment together.  Last time we met, he ended up with a black eye and I had a broken arm.  It wasn't a pretty reunion, especially after hearing he was attending Blackthorn Academy for Exceptional Young Men.  His mom is now headmistress there and he sadly is standing in front of me with a stupid grin in his face.  

____________________________________________________

Hey hey!  Sorry I haven't been posting, I've been on break and it's been cray cray busy.  Anyways, there's a cute boy noww!  Note:  Joe, the CoveOps teacher, I meant to change his last name to Solomon, so just a head's up!  Thank you for reading! Please tell your friends to read this too, because I feel like it's a pretty good book! Thanks! - K