I saw him kissing Cho

Here it is! if you hadn't guessed already;)

I frantically scanned the packed entrance hall. I craned my neck, looking for a certain Gryffindor 4th year, but to no avail. There too many bodies getting in my way. So with a sink of my heart, I realised I have to venture into the hubbub. I delved in without a backwards glance, staring up at the faces of various Hufflepuff 7th years. I scurried past them to where the Slytherins were gathered. They shot me filthy looks and Draco Malfoy even stuck his foot out as I ran past. I dodged it though, ‘accidentally’ smacking my arm into his side. He grabbed his side and I sprinted ahead. To find myself, finally, in the Gryffindor group. I sighed with relief and burrowed into the crowd. At the very back of the group, leaning against the wall I saw Dean and Neville. 

“Hi,” I said, arriving in front of them “What the hell is that?” I shrieked, pointing at the orange potted plant he was holding. It was covered in purple boils and was wearing a tiara.

“I bought it!” Neville began excitedly “Y’know, in Hogsmeade! It’s called the Pretty Plant. They’re extremely rare!” I snorted, how on Earth was that hideous thing pretty. 

“It doesn’t look all that special,” he admitted “but its boils are filled with calming potion – the only place you can find it. And if you make it feel special it lets you have some!” 

“So…you bought it a tiara? To make it feel special?” I asked.

“Yeah,” he shrugged “Figured that making it feel like royalty would make it feel special enough. Well see you.” He made to leave. 

“Where are you going?” I asked, just out of curiosity. 

“The Owlery – going to see if there are any weak school owls around… It only eats birds you see.” Neville shuffled off. I watched him go, my mouth hanging open. 

“Hey,” Dean said, winking at me. Was he winking at me? Was he not completely flabbergasted as to what had happened to him during the last 36 hours?  I didn’t pay that much attention it as I pulled on Dean’s arm, heading of the broom cupboard. 

“I owe you an explanation.” I muttered, but Dean didn’t appear to hear me. 

Once we were inside and I had secured the door behind us, I turned to face him. He was smiling, his hands in pockets, looking completely relaxed. Huh? 

Should he not be worried about the fact that he couldn’t remember a single thing that he’d done during the last couple of days? 

“Here to pick me up on my offer to go out?” he asked hopefully. What? He could remember doing that?

“No!” I declared “but you remember that?” 

“Of course,” he shrugged. “Why shouldn’t I?” Then a look flashed onto his face like he realised something. His eyes flew open and he bit his lip, nervously. 

“You remember everything you’ve done.” It was a statement – not a question. “You act completely normal the minute your around anyone else.”He didn’t look at me and I pressed on. “You experience normal emotion, like sadness.” I wasn’t talking to him, I was just thinking aloud. He turned red. “It’s like you never drunk the potion at all…almost. You don’t have any symptoms and you were still acting like you liked me –until, now.” I glared at him. Had he come out of it, realised and then just mucked me around? “But you did drink the potion…I saw you drink the potion…I …” 

Then it hit me and I stumbled away from him until I hit the wall. My hand reached out and grabbed the nearest shelf, to steady myself. I began to shake and everything became blurred as tears clouded my eyes. I looked up, horrified and furious at the same time, at the tall, dark and silent figure that stood before me. I shook my head.