The Prologue

When they came for me, I was so relieved.

I knew nothing of pain until I was taken in the dead of night, away from the cold room in a place that is nothing but a distant memory. An orphanage, I think. I don't remember it but I can remember the relief I felt when someone ripped me out of my bed.

The way my heart trembled in my chest, like a shaking leaf, caught in the wind. The leather gloved hand that had pressed over my mouth, the smell of the outdoors lingering on their clothes.

In my mind, I could see the woman exchange an envelope to the nun, who smiled in delight at the brown paper. They wanted me gone, and I could understand why. Even as a child, I had always been the odd one out, they never took any of the other children.

Just me. It made me feel special, at the time.

But that was before the training started. I thought they were taking me to a boarding school for girls; I can still remember the strict uniform code, the way everything was so formal and regulated. I soon found out that it was no school.

On my first month; they broke my body.

On the second month; they broke my mind.

On the third month; they broke the girl I used to be.

And then I was born; Halen Michaelson.

I don't know what my name was before, who I was. It doesn't matter anymore, that girl is dead, and I am here. Out with the old, and in with the new. They discarded the little girl from the orphanage and made someone that was of actual use.

They made me to hunt, to track, to kill. And that is exactly what I do; because it's the reason I'm still alive, the only reason. I'm a watcher that assures everyone stays in their line in the human world, and deal with those who don't.

I don't think the girl in the orphanage was made to be a killer, but I definitely was.

_________________________________________________________

A/N

Hey, everyone!

Just something new I'm working on, and I thought I would share the prologue with you guys! I'm really excited to see where it will take me next, and hope you guys enjoy it too!

The main genre's are; romance and action! Two things I really want to work on, and develop!

Please comment, and vote! I want to know if you guys are enjoying it so far. I know it's a short prolo but I've received comments before that they should be shortened, so I'm gonna give it a try!

Thank you!

~ BeUniqueAndSmile x