Chapter 8

Hey everyone. I'm you are liking this so far. I'm really liking how it's going. I'd like to hear your thoughts about it. I put this in the Watty Awards and I hope you all will like it.

Please vote and leave a comment.

Enjoy!

Roxi's POV

"So would you kind of explain how we were ment to be together?" Wow how do you explain that one.

"Well, the spirits design each soul mate to be perfect for a certain person. Because our life is not easy and humans wouldn't be able to love us as much as we loved them. Soul mates were created for that reason. Our connection is stronger than a humans could ever be." He nodded and layed back on my bed.

"That's really interesting." I nodded and I could he was thinking about something to ask me. But he wasn't sure how to put it. "So... this marking thing. Or I guess you call it claiming. How does that work?" Oh man I was really hoping I wouldn't have to talk about this with him.

"Ummm.... Well, It's a process. Since your only half werewolf I have to mark you. Then you'll be able to get a pair of canines and you can mark me." His eyes went wide.

"I'll have canines? Why does that happen?"

"Well when I mark you my DNA will go into your system. Then it will wake up your wolf. You unfortunately won't be able to turn into one. But you'll get a few abilities that we have." He had a huge grin on his face.

"Like what abilities?" He was very curious. I'm very surprised how well he's taking all of this. I don't think I would have been so calm if I was in his situation.

"Sense of smell, sight, hearing, Strength. Pretty much your natural senses get hightened."

"Like how strong will I be? Will you not have to fight my battles anymore. Cause I would really like to be able to take care of myself." I could see that this was a touchy subject with him. I'm sure it would be like this with any guy that had a girl who was stronger than him.

"Well, if you went up against a werewolf in their human form you'd be able to take care of yourself. Only if they weren't fully transformed or if they're an alpha." He shrugged his shoulders at the last part.

"So you'll still be stronger than me?" I nodded and he let out a huge sigh. "That's not fare. The guy is supposed to protect the girl. Not the other way around." He threw his arms over his face and grunted a little. I let out a light giggle. I sat up and straddled his body and pulled away his arms.

"Knowing that you would want to protect me is just as good. Remember protection isn't always physical." He smiled and slid his hands up my thighs and placed them on my hips.

"Ok, well when will you mark me?" I was surprised when I heard that. I didn't think he'd ask that right now.

"When you want me to." I placed my hand on the side of his head and brought my other hand to the place I'll mark him. "I'll do it right here. When I mark you, it will make it so I will be able to find you were ever you are. I'll feel your pain. Because no matter what you say, I'll always be here." I lifted my hand and put it over his heart. His face went a little worried after I said it.

"You'll really be able to feel my pain?" I nodded and he looked sad about it. "Will I be able to feel yours?"

"No, a lot of the pain I'll experience in my life. There is no way that you would survive it." I brought my hand to his cheek. I really didn't want to think about him being hurt in any way. He brought his hand to mine and held it in place. "If you died I wouldn't be able to live anymore. The pain of losing you would kill me. Because your half human, you'd be able to move on with your life."