chapter 8

Jack looked up from the his scetch.
Jack"that's so we know we rank in the scheme of things"
Tommy"like we could forget"
Jack glances across the well deck. At the aft reiling of B deck promenade stands Rose in a long yellow dress and white gloves.
Josephine in a long blue dress with white gloves

Close on Jack unable to take his eyes off Rose. They are across from each other, about 60 feet apart, with the well deck like a valley between them. She on her promontory , his on much lower one . Rose stares down at the water.
He watches her unpin her elaborate hat and take it off and she did the same with Josie. She looks at the frilly absurd things,then tossed them over the rail. They sail down into the water and is carried away astern a spot of yellow and blue in the vast ocean. He is riveted by rose. Rose looks like a figure in a romantic novel, sad and isolated.
Fabrizio taps Tommy  and they both look at Jack gazing at Rose .
Fabrizio and Tommy grin at each other.
Rose turns suddenly and looked  right at Jack. He is caught starring , but he doesn't look away. She does,but then looks back. Their eyes meet across the space of the well deck,across the gulf between worlds.
Josie looked at her mother and followed her mother gaze and saw her father and smiled at her father.
Josie saw the sunset and grabbed her pofilio that she hid in her dress, and ran into the 3rd class deck her mother and everyone on the deck attention on them.
Rose ran after her daughter who was the railing of the  back of the ship.
Rose"Josie get here"
Josie"Rosie l want to draw the sunset as she pointed at the sky.
Rose sighed softly then nodded
"alright 3mins " Josie smiled and started to draw .
Tommy smiled and said "forget it boyo , you'd as like have angles fly o' yer arse as get the next to the likes of her.
Once Josie finished she showed her mother and started to climb on the rail .Rose looked up and dropped the pofilio on the deck.
Rose"Josephine what are you doing! Rose heard some laughs but ignore them.
Josie looked at her mother and said"I want to see the over the rail"
Rose comed downed and helped her on the rail and took one hand holding her up .
Josie"let go"
Rose"Josephine your crazy if you think I going to let you go"
Josie looked at the sea and the horizon ahead of her and smiled
"It's beautiful Rosie"
Rose agreed with her and said"yes, beautiful just like a little girl I know"
Josie"really who"
Rose"you"
Josie looked down at her mother and said"I know who else is beautiful to"
Rose looked at Josie with a smile"oh, really is it someone I know"
Josie"yes"
Rose"who"
Josie"you mo-i mean Rosie
because daddy still starring at you"
Rose turned around and saw that Jack was still indeed starring with a smile on his face.
Rose turned back around when she heard her daughter shout with joy.
Josie"whoo whoo I the Queen of the world! With her fist the air
Hoo! Rose just laughed at her daughter.
Josie"I know you want to stay but we have to get back"
Josie looked at her mother with a sad smile but nodded and climbed down, grabbed her pofilio and started to walk behind her mother.
Rose looked at her daughter and said"hide your pofilio sweetheart"
Josie nodded and hid  the pofilio in her dress.
Once to B deck a man ( cal ) grabbed rose arm making her pull her arm back, Rose grabbed Josie hand and walked back dining hall .