Chapter One

Chapter One

Sarah’s POV

‘I’m leaving, and I’m not coming back.’ He said it so harshly, like he actually meant and felt it every word with his entire soul. I thought nothing of it but had the feeling of dread in my stomach. ‘Where are we going?’ My voice sounded foreign to me, not confident but weak.

‘Sarah this is what you’ll never understand! YOU are not coming with ME! I am going alone! Alone is without you, we’re not doing this anymore Sarah. I don’t love you anymore. I haven’t for a while.’ My whole world stopped, it just froze as soon as he bellowed those words at me. This must be how it feels to drown, I can’t breathe, and my heart fell into my stomach. I feel sick. He must be wrong, I obviously misheard, and he couldn’t have said that. Drake wouldn’t do this to me.

‘Why? Why Drake?! What did I do?’ my voice was so shaky by now. This couldn’t be happening. It just couldn’t. Not to us. Not to me. ‘I told you Sarah! Are you going to make me repeat it? I don’t love you! I never really have! What is there to love Sarah? HUH? Exactly! You are nothing to me! I didn’t even want to tell you I was leaving! My mum made me Sarah, MY MUM! I just pity you.’ Drake roared this in my face, I could tell he was angry and by looking in his eyes, to try to tell if he was lying, I saw nothing. No emotion. Nothing. It’s like MY Drake disappeared, and this monster was left behind. I didn’t realise I was crying until a loud sob made its way into the uncomfortable silence between us.

No. Sarah stop crying, right now, you can do that when he is not around just not now. I quickly swipe at the traitorous tears that were escaping and took a few deep breathes to steady my breathing. I looked up at Drake to see that he was staring down at me with a caring and loving look in his deep blue eyes. No. That’s not right. He doesn’t love me anymore. He just said. He can’t care anymore, can he? No. No. I shake my head to clear my thoughts. ‘Well this is goodbye Drake. I still love you but right now hating you is easier and you just made it very easy for me. Have a safe journey wherever you’re going.’ I surprised myself with how final my voice sounded. Even though I’m broken inside. Broken hearted. ‘England’ a rough voice sounded and cut into my thoughts. ‘What?!’ I didn’t realise how viscous and harsh my voice sounded, I saw Drake flinch at the sound of it. ‘I’m going to England’ Oh. No Sarah stop caring. I don’t care! ‘Bye Drake’ That was the hardest sentence I’ve ever had to say, My voice betrayed me by sounding weak again. I quickly turned around from the person that has broken me completely. The tears began to fall freely down my face, there was no point in wiping them, they just keep coming.

I sat up with a gasp, and read 6:04am on the black circular alarm clock that was sat next to my bed on a mirrored dressing table. That nightmare I’ve been having for weeks since Drake left. I quickly made my way into my bathroom, angrily swiping at the tears that stained my cheeks. I climbed into the shower, and started the routine that I’ve been doing for the past fortnight.

After I got out the shower, my skin red raw from how hot it was. I wrapped a towel around my body and headed back into my bedroom. I quickly chose a baggy black top and some black leggings. I plodded over to my window and pulled the curtains open, quickly opening the window so I could take a deep breath of the morning air. I glanced over at my alarm clock and saw that it read 8:32am. I didn’t realise I took so long in the shower. I grabbed my school bag and slung it over my shoulder, whilst heading downstairs. Taking my keys off the counter I shouted a loud and short ‘Bye’, then slammed the door behind me not even waiting for a reply.

Twisting my keys in the ignition of my black Chevy truck. It started to life and I drove way over the speed limit to school. It’s not as if I cared what happened to me, or what people thought of me. I’m already broken.

I parked in the back of the parking lot and just stared at Drakes spot, yes he had a spot, I used to find it so funny, and would always comment. How things can change over a matter of days.

I suddenly felt very sick and felt last night’s dinner come back up, I quickly through the door open and emptied my stomach all over the black tarmac.  I slumped back into my seat and tried to stop my head from spinning.

After a few minutes and half a bottle of water, my head stopped spinning and I jumped out of the truck. Momentarily forgetting that I just emptied my stomach right where I’m standing. Great. Just perfect, can I get anything right today? Good thing I’m early. I quickly rushed into school passing a few cars on the way and hoping that no one will pay attention to me. I pushed the school doors open and searched for the nearest girls toilet. As soon as I found it, I started to clean myself up and make myself at least smell less repulsive. Something out of the corner of my eye caught my attention. It was a ladies type of ‘vending machine’ with ‘lady’ products in them.

Feeling a bit funny about it and feeling like something's forgotten, I  started calculating the days.

Time. Time seemed to be frozen as I process again and again the days, but always come up with the same answer. No. No, no, no. This can’t be. I can’t be. It can’t happen to me! Not now. Oh sh*t!

 ----------------------------------------------------------

That was a quick 3 votes! Ok 6 votes for the next chapter! I am so shocked! Thank you!

Lauren xx