Getaway

Riley's P.O.V

I crept towards the stairs that lead to the basement and put one foot on the top one. Leaning down slowly, i wince when the stair creeks. Going down the stairs was a lot harder than i thought it would be. But i crept  down slowly and kept away from the spots that i knew would creek loudly. When i finally got down the stairs, i went to the big, metal door, with a padlock on the side. I slowly made my way towards it. Looking behind me at the slightest sounds. I knew that if i got caught, i wouldn’t get this chance again. I tried to remember the code, but it was long, and i had only been down here twice before. And i also knew that if i got it wrong, it would set off the alarm.

Think Riley, think! I said to myself. I knew it, i knew i did.

I put the tips of my fingers on the padlock, and lightly traced my fingers across the numbers. I ket thinking for 5 minutes and then it came to me. Atleast i hope it was the right number.

326… I paused… 675893… I paused again, sweating quite a lot… 9312… I stopped completely. That should be the number. When nothing happened, i started to freak. The alarm is going to start. I got it wrong. Shit!

A whooshing sound came from the door and it pushed open before i could even blink. i didn't waste any time. I quickly stepped forward and went through the door. And it closed right after me. And i hated what i saw.

The Lab had always been big. It was bigger than the house itself if i was being honest with myself. Right when you walk in, a large desk was on the right of you. And on the left, a large, glass case was filled with trophies. The coloring of the room is bright and clean. A little too clean if you ask me. If you move forward, you see three huge, glass boxes. They are all connected to each other, but they’re separated inside. The only thing thats on the glass is little slots, where food, water, and other objects go in or out. But the slots can only open from the outside.

They also each have a bed, a chair, and a tiny desk inside their boxes. But now each of the boxes had one boy in it. The three guys i had seen that morning were all in the same position. Standing at the front of the box, with bruises, cut, and blood on their faces, arms, and any other exposed skin.

I quickly went to the boxes and asked the most stupidest question that i have ever spoken in my life, “Are y’all ok?”

Yeah Riley, they’re just so freaking peachy!!

The man on the very right, with the bluest eyes I’ve ever seen and short brown hair, nodded for them all and said, “We’re fine.” I shivered. His voice was deep and raspy, like he hadn’t talked in quite a while.

“I’m gonna get you out of here.” I said with a determined voice.

I went to the side of his box, where the key pad for his chamber, as i liked to call it, was. There was a separate one for each of them. And i only know their numbers because who do you think put together these chambers? Not my dad! That man is only good for few things. Eating, killing, and wasting air. And notice how i left out cleaning. He wouldn’t clean to save his life. And that really says something about a persons character.

Anyways, yes, it was me who kept this place up all these years. If i hadn’t been here, this place would be disgusting.

I press his numbers in and do that for each of them. One by one, they all are out and we’re just standing there, very, very, very, awkwardly.

“Umm, so, umm,” I paused, “Just follow.” I finally mumbled.

They all looked at me, and just as i was about to turn around, the one that i had spoken to earlier stepped forward and held out his hand, “Devlish.” He said in his raspy, sexy voice.