Chapter 2 - New friends!

We'd arrived at the school, and I'd finally realised how big it was. Kaytee met up with her cousin who goes there, and went off with her, so it was just me and Grey.

"I'll show you around before lesson 1 starts, so you don't get lost!" he smiled, and linked his arm in mine. I felt so warm around him, I don't think I actually had a crush on him or anything, I just think I felt like he was going to be a great friend.

"This is the cafeteria, where we eat lunch, unless you choose to eat in your classroom, or the library, or even outside!" 

right.. I didn't want to tell him that normally I'd just sit in the library and read at lunchtimes, he'd think I'm a bit of a dork.

"But I personally stay in the library, and just read.. but you could do whatever you want" he said.

I felt like he'd read my mind. That was lunchtimes sorted then.

"This is the theatre, shows go on here, infact theres a talent competition on here next month, I might enter, you should enter as well, since you also like singing!" he grinned.

"Haha, I bet you're a better singer than me, so their is no point." I looked down.

"Nonsense, I bet you're great. You'll have to show me your voice soon!" He winked. I couldn't control my emotions, I was getting buterflies, but why?! I don't even like him like that, he's just a really good friend..

"Anyway, I'll carry on showing you around later, it's History now, what do you have?"

"Oh, I have maths." 

"Ah okay, well that's opposite my class, so I'll meet you afterwards?" he said, and leaned in to give me an awkward sideways hug, but because I'm not an awkward person, I changed it into a normal hug." 

I went into my maths lesson, and everyone looked so scary. You had one corner full of the keenos, you know, the ones that had already started the task before the teacher even set it. You had the sporty, chavs.. who were sitting with their feet on the table, sitting on their phones, like rebels, But then you had the full on rebels, the girls sitting in the other corner, powdering makeup all over their faces. I sighed, and sat down on a desk on my own. The teacher seemed to be sleeping.. so there wasn't really a lesson going on.. i'd have to make sure my mum didn't hear about this. So instead, I got out my ipod and played Justin Bieber. He was my favourite singer, and his music calmed me down so much. All of a sudden, I saw a cute looking boy knock at the door, but the teacher didn't wake up, so he just walked in, and hurriedly sat next to me.

"Phew, I got here in time then." he smiled. I just looked at him. 

"Oh sorry for not introducing myself.. my names Jake."

"OH, you friends with Greyson?" He nodded.

"Ah yeah,he's told me about you. My names Shinayde, me and my friend Kaytee moved here new today."

"Great! Nice to meet you. Sorry if I don't talk much, I've been ill for the past few days, wasn't even gonna come in today but my mum accused me of stealing her money when I never touched it.. so I had to get out."

"Fair enough. So what we doing this lesson?" I asked, timidly. He started laughing.

"Nothing, we never do nothing in maths. Mr Pludman always sleeps. We made a deal at the start of the year. We let him sleep, and he'll let us not do any work. Seems fair to me?"

"Yeah, I guess. Are you australian? You have a nice accent!"

"Yepp, moved here a few years ago now." he said, then smiled and looked away.