Nobody Skates Anymore

"HEY YOU LITTLE FUCKTARDS YOU HAVE WATER?"

"U-uh no, we don't." Cameron replies confused. He doesn't want to give this creep his water. Hesitantly Cameron backs up and whispers to Jason and Sean, "Look at this crak head wanting our water! Nah he crazy that's all mine."

Jason, taking a quick glance at Akshay, replies quickly, "We should go inside and get some more stuff and book it." Everyone nods.

//

Sean stays back to watch over Akshay and finish up the bandaging. He doesn't need anything specific from Walmart. A quick scan shows some beat up vehicles stuffed to death with cans of shit like beans and other non perishables. Sean looks over his shoulder to the pile of important stuff his own team has gathered and is, for the first time, not entirely disappointed in his friends. A relatively large pile of necessities are stacked, overflowing, in five different shopping carts. 

Sean's mouth goes dry. Hard metal is suddenly pressed up against his temple. It has to be a gun, and there's no time to think about why Sean was put in this situation. With a sigh, the events that took place next happen within a mere five seconds.

"SEAN!" Akshay yells. Sean doesn't know what to do; regardless of whether or not he ducks or tries to hit his attacker, he was still going to get shot. Sean squeezes his eyes shut as the trigger clicks- but nothing happens. Laughter emerges from his attacker.

"Sean, Sean, Sean, gullible as always." The hooded figure takes off his hood. Sean glares, and despite being internally shook, manages to reply clearly.

"I'm not gullible. You're holding a gun." Sean huffs and turns back to Akshay as he continues, "Besides, Jimmy, you're supposed to be dead." 

Jimmy, confused, stares at Sean for a moment. "Dead?"

"Yeah, dead. We watched you get torn to bits, actually. Not sure why exactly you're alive right now." Sean's voice wobbles a little at the end of his sentence, quietly breaking his outward composure. Despite his slightly sarcastic and indifferent demeanor, he knew he watched a death happen right before his own eyes.

"When?" Jimmy asks, clearly still confused.

Sean replies, "After Tim Hortons."

"I wasn't even with you guys after Tim Hortons." Jimmy states, quizzically.

Sean stares. "Then who the fuck died?"

//

"Alex, you're actually autistic." Cameron scoffs, throwing his hands up in the air as though defeated. 

"Fwat?" Alex asks around his mouthful of food. He holds five McDonalds bags in his hands, filled with what he wanted to give the group as their last fast food meal before the trip. He cooked that up in the Walmart's McDonalds as everyone else got water and food and whatever. 

"That's actually disgusting. If this is my last meal and I die in a few hours or something I'm going to kill you." Cameron sighs as he grabs a burger out of a bag. "Cancer."

//

"Why are you only getting water?" Jason laughs at Faith, who does, in fact, only have a cart full of water bottles. 

"Hydraaaation my dude!" she swivels to the next aisle, picking up more water bottles. 

"You DO know that water isn't going to give us any nutrients right? This isn't really going to do us any good." He continues laughing at her as she shoots back a look that says 'you'll see'. 

//

"Okay Akshay, let's get your faggot ass up here we go- UUUEEEEEEGGGGHHHH," Abroop groans as he helps Akshay to the bus.

"When did we get a BUS," Akshay winces as he jokes.

"I don't know maaan, the whiteys over there just pulled it out of a fuckin ditch," Abroop nods towards Cameron, Alex and Sean loading food from carts into the city bus. Abroop and Akshay walk over to the group and join in helping load up. 

"Is this a fucking iphone x?" Sean asks aloud.

"Wasn't me," Jason shrugs nonchalantly, "but uh, just put it in the bus anyway."

//

"Okay so uhhh now what? Okayyyy, perfeeeect, great plan guys." Jimmy sneers quietly.

"WOAH, when did you get here? I thought you died." Cameron yells in wonder, standing up to see him better. "Guys look! Jimmy's alive!" 

"We know what the hell? Where have yooouu been?" Faith replies. Everyone's known Jimmy was here since we left Walmart, and everybody's accepted that they shouldn't even ask about it. Nobody is completely sure who died earlier. Jason suggested that it was probably Jaguar, but nobody really remembers if Jaguar was at Timmies. The mystery remains unsolved.

"I've been here, are you crack?" Cameron chuckles, going to sit next to faith on the ground near the front of the bus.

"Whatever maan,"

Jason stands up and claps his hands really loud. "Okay guys," he starts humming the beginning sounds of funky-town. Nobody joins in at the start. "What the fuck, you guys are boring. SONAM do it," He begins the song again.

"Legit, I just killed my brother."

"He was already dead, now c'moon do your part," Jason begins the song for the third time and Sonam joins in reluctantly, followed by Faith and Cameron. Makaylah, Abroop, Alex, Sean and Akshay look at each other awkwardly since they aren't in band. 

The sun rays come up the horizon before the sun itself does, and as the acapellas continue until everyone nods off, one by one, with only Abroop staying awake to drive his friends North to the promise of safety.