Part- 5

• Dedicated to All My Readers!

I stood over her body not knowing what to do at first.

"Look at what you did!" Stephanie screeched, as tears poured down her face, "Kyle this isn't right, stop doing this for me! I don't want this!"

I ran towards her, running across Ashleys' now deformed, stomped on body without an ounce of care, not even stopping to flinch at the sound of her cracking ribcage under my blood stained boots.

"But I need you! Don't you understand that! When I do this you're closer then ever! When I do this..I-I don't feel as responsible for that damned car accident!"

"You had no control over that Kyle! Stop trying to blame yourself for everything!" She howled back, a pained, worried expression in her eyes.

"You don't understand! You don't understand! I was so angry at you!"

I had been blinded by my immense hurt, and rage.

I hadn't seen it, the truck, the semi truck that hit us on her side. The truck that had smashed her skull clear in within a couple seconds of pure, horrific impact. I was the monster that was too focused on his ranting, babbling, and name calling to notice a gigantic truck speeding towards him and the only person he'd ever loved besides God and his mother.

After she died it didn't even matter that she had cheated on me. All that mattered was that God took way the only beautiful thing I had in my life away from me, and the last thing she heard was me screaming at her.

"Stop blaming yourself and stop doing this!" She shrieked, pointing to Ashley. Then before I could say anything else she faded into nothing.

I didn't want her to leave.

Why did she have to leave?

I screamed at the top of my lungs for no reason but to scream, my voice crackling through the thick, depression-filled, sticky, air. It felt good but it didn't release a quarter of the stress I felt.

I wanted to scream some more. I wanted to break things, everything, and all things.

I looked down at Ashley's body, and an idea suddenly popped into my mind.

A grin crept unto my face, like the way a spider creeps back into it's web to suck the blood of, and devour a fly.

I grabbed the knife from it's hook once more, and began slashing, and sawing into Ashley with an intense amount of force.

Piece by piece she fell, like I was taking apart some insanely difficult puzzle, disassembling the great mystery of life and existence. Her blood splattered across my shirt and face, drenching my hands in crimson rain, as I was released from my sins.

The thought hit me; I'd have to burn these clothes and take a shower after this. Right after it. I couldn't be caught with her blood anywhere on me, that alone could be enough to incriminate me.

Oh my fucking God. Incriminate me!

What had I done?

WHAT HAD I DONE?

The knife, they'd trace the cuts back to the knife! I had made such a mess! I had let myself become sloppy. I had to get rid of the knife!

I screeched. This time in horror at my stupid, amateur mistake. I grabbed the knife, and ran to my garage, jumping in my car, and speeding down my street, leaving my neighborhood miles behind me.

I had to put as much distance possible between me and the knife.

The knife. The knife. The knife. The knife.

I stared down at it, glistening and red in the seat next to me.

"How could you do that to that girl?" A terrified voice howled.

I turned to my side to see Stephanie sitting next to me in the car.

No this couldn't be happening again.

I started to cry. I hadn't cried in such a long time, I was a man, it just wasn't a natural thing for me to sit down and cry my eyes out, but seeing her, sitting in the passanger's seat, it just stript me down, and tore my heart out. I felt like it was happening all over again.

Then it hit me.

It hit me harder a wall of bricks. This killing, none of this would ever bring her back. Those few seconds I had with her, weren't really her, but creations from the dark crevasses of my mind.

She was gone.

Stephanie would never truly come back to me.

I could kill millions of girls, and I would never be satisfied because it would never change the fact that Stephanie Waters the love of my life cheated on me, and then died because my failure to see a semi-truck.

I stared at her for a second, at her beautiful face, the very thing that had tossed me off the edge of sanity.

I'd truly never be able to love someone like the way I had loved her. It just wasn't possible.

I reached out to touch her face, taking my hand off the wheel, and removing my eyes from the road. My hand rested gently on her cheek as tears streamed down both of our faces. This was love. This was me giving her all I had left.

She smiled at me, a beautiful smile.

It was the last thing I'd ever see aside from a huge truck ramming the front of my car, my last calming moment before everything went black.