Chapter 1 - Prologue

In the mist of the night, a dark man waits, with a dark purpose. A horse approaches the mysterious man and a venomous voice says, "You're late." "A thousand apologizes oh great one." "Do you have it?" The thief searched his rags and said, "I had to slit a few throats... But I got it." The mysterious man goes to snatch the other half of the charm but the thief pulls back, "But first... The treasure... AH!" The parrot, that was perched on the mysterious man's broad shoulder, flew and snatched the charm and handed it to his master. He belted in laughter and said, slowing putting the 2 halves together, "Finally! After all this waiting, the pieces are finally coming together..." He put the 2 together and it instantly turned into a flying beetle and started to lead them to his long, awaited location. "Quickly! Follow the trail!" He snapped the horse to attention and rode after the beetle. He screamed to the horse, "Faster!"

They reached a sand dune and the beetle separated again and took shape of the eyes of a tiger's head that formed from the sand dune. The 2 men stared in disbelief. Then the mysterious man spoke, awestruck, "After all this time and scrounging, I finally found it. The cave of Wonders." Then the thief started to walk to the powerful deity but the mysterious man stops him and spits out, "Remember, bring me the lamp. The rest of the treasure is your's, but the lamp... is mine." He threw the thief in front of the tiger's head and the the tiger roared, "Who disturbs my slumber?" The thief got to his knees and bowed to the great being, "It is I, Gazim, a humble thief." The tiger said, "Know this, only one may enter here. The diamond in the ruff." The thief looked back at the mysterious man and he spat out, "Well?! What are you waiting for? Go on!" The thief made it not one step before getting devoured by the tiger and disappearing once again as a sand dune repeating the phrase, "Seek the one, the diamond in the ruff" until he completely lost his form to the sand.

The mysterious man paused, pondering while his parrot complained about never being able to obtain the lamp. The man told his parrot, "Patience Iago. Patience." He looked back at the sand dune while Iago continued to be extremely disappointed, then he mumbled to himself, "Only on may enter here. I must find this one... This diamond in the ruff."