Chapter Twenty-Three: Opps, they did it again!

“Big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn of life.”
-Charles M. Schulz

Payback Sucks, So Do You

Chapter Twenty-Three: Opps, they did it again!

I have good news. It’s been seventeen seconds (give or take a few) and Beck is still breathing with no blood, guts, or bones on display. He is alive. For now.

            “Hi,” Kayda greeted in a (totally fake) sweet voice. “You must be Beck. I’m Evynne’s sister, Kayda. Nice to meet you.” She held out a bowl. “Jelly Beans?”

            Before I could stop him he reached into the bowl and took one. He placed it in his mouth. A second passed. His eyes grew wide, “What the heck is that?”

            “Vomit?” I asked incredulously, “Really Kayda? That’s low. Even for you.”

            “I have no idea what you are talking about.” She then returned to her sitting next to her mate with a familiar evil look in her eyes. It was a look Loki, Norse God of mischief, would have been proud of. It was a look that I had on my face several times in my life. The look of someone about to get revenge.

            Oh shit.

            “Beck? I didn’t know you were Evynne’s mate.” Trez interrupted. Apparently, Trez and Beck knew each other because of one being Beta and the other being a fighter. So thankfully he was on Beck’s side because and I quote, “You’re going to need all the allies you can get.”  

            Kayda of course didn’t find this funny, but I did. She glared at me and I just laughed even more.

I stopped laughing when the Two Terrors appeared smiling up innocently (if you forget the devil horns) at Beck. “So you are Auntie Evynne’s mate?” They said in complete unison. Creepy. Beck nodded trying not to seem uncomfortable.

Then Kannon replied in the creepiest voice he could muster, “I want to play a game.”  It sounded like that creepy guy from Saw.

Beck face was certainly interesting. It was a mix between utter terror and complete fascination. I don’t blame him, I want to know how a six year old kid could do that well of a Horror movie villain impression when I can’t even do a good Prussia from Hetalia accent! How is that fair?

“I’m good.” Beck replied. Now both our gazes went to Thyme who just looked back at her.

“What? You want me to do an impression too? Too bad. I’m too lazy.” She turned to my mom, “When’s dinner?”

Did I mention Thyme liked to eat…a lot? More than me. And that’s sad.

            So I took that as the cue to begin introducing everyone to Beck. “So yeah. That’s everyone. Well except my extend family but I won’t ever put you through that.”