Thy Kingdom Fall: The Genesis of World War III (Book #1)

Chapter One: Wolf 359

“A date which will live in infamy.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt, 32nd President of the United States of America

      America would have three dates of infamy. One of which was December 7, 1941, when the Imperial Navy of the Empire of Japan attacked the United States Naval Base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. Four US Navy battleships were sunk, four others damaged; eight other sea-craft were sunk or destroyed; 188 aircraft were destroyed; and 2,402 Americans were killed, with another 1,282 wounded.

      Another had been 127 years earlier, in the War of 1812 against the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. On August 24, 1814, British forces invaded and occupied Washington DC, burning public buildings including the White House and the US Capitol, which were both mostly destroyed. It was the only time a foreign nation captured and occupied the nation’s capital.

      The third was September 11, 2001, known universally as “9/11,” when nineteen Muslim terrorists hijacked four commercial airliners and crashed two into the World Trade Center’s Twin Towers and one into the Pentagon. The other was headed for the White House or the US Capitol building before brave passengers seized the plane and it crashed in the fields of Pennsylvania. Over three thousand people were killed that day, and the 110-story Twin Towers collapsed and were destroyed.

Top of the World Restaurant, The Three Towers, New York City

8:02 a.m., 11 September, 2125

      The New York City police commissioner gazes out the massive, slightly blue-tinted bow windows. He stands in the same spot as he always does at this time and day of the year. The Three Towers that Kanien built.

      The breakfast meeting of senior New York brass, male and female, some in office-suits, others in dress blues, has ended. They mill around talking to one another, drinking their beverages, eating more food, and checking their mobile devices for messages.

      President Cree Kanien had all the right credentials: long-time party activist and loyalist; the right “religion”: Pagan, with the requisite number of public anti-religious comments over his career; the right universities: Harvard and Yale; the right family: partner (hetero), two sons (unverified), two dogs and a cat; mayor of Buffalo; governor of New York; vice president and then president. There was nothing in his background that suggested he would go Jew-Christian crazy one day while in office, but it was a unique craziness. He said he awoke one day and heard a voice which told him that he had to build it “so they will come and your army can destroy them.” Days later, he directed federal troops to seize the site of the One World Trade Center and its surrounding areas and by executive order commissioned its total demolishment and the subsequent construction of the new Three Towers.

      He would be only the third American president impeached by the US House of Representatives in America’s 349-year history. But unlike Andrew Johnson in 1868 and William Clinton in 1999, who were acquitted by the US Senate, he was convicted. Everyone still wrongly says Richard Nixon was impeached over Watergate (most people have no clue as to what Watergate was). Nixon was the only other president who would have been impeached and convicted, but he resigned the office in 1974—the only American president ever to do so.

      President Kanien had the sole distinction of being the only American president to be impeached, convicted, and removed from office by the legislative branch, for gross abuse of power over the Three Towers. But the ex-president was a marketing genius. The nation’s power elite hated the buildings, but Kanien made the people of New York love them. And when New Yorkers call something theirs, whether a person, place or thing, heaven help the person who messes with it. No one, not even another president, would be removing the Three Towers to rebuild the Old World Trade Center—One World Trade Center? What’s that?