one - room 112 (PRE-IRON MAN)

chapter i.
( pre-iron man )

i   never   meant   to  start  a   fire
i never meant to make you bleed
i'll   be    a  better    man    today
i'll   be   good,       i'll   be   good
i'll be good ─── jaymes young

i   never   meant   to  start  a   firei never meant to make you bleedi'll   be    a    better    man    todayi'll   be   good,          i'll   be   goodi'll be good ─── jaymes young

stark manor
1998
( tony's point of view )

TRIGGER WARNINGS

depictions of verbal & physical abuse

"Tony!"

That was one thing that I never liked to hear. My name being bounced off of the manor's tall ceilings by my father's critical and usually angry voice. Luckily, it wasn't really like he was ever around so I didn't have to hear it too much. Wow, talk about bitter. I figured I'd just ignore him. Like usual. That was until he would bust through my bedroom door with a red face and white hair, making him look like some kind of evil Santa Claus, minus the weight. If he thought I was about to answer, he was losing his mind or finally going senile.

"Tony! Get down here right now!" his voice grew angrier.

Yeah, um, I didn't think so.

"Don't make me come up, drag you out of that bed, and throw you down the stairs!" my father threatened and I could hear Mom quietly chiding him.

I snorted.

He was definitely losing his mind.

"Tony?!" a softer, kinder voice called, "Please, Sweetheart, come down. Your father and I need to talk to you right now."

It was my mom's voice that made me actually roll off of my stomach and onto my back. My head was dizzy, my brain hurt, and sleep was still in my eyes. The light seeped in from the windows and burnt my eyes as I tried to open them. My hand stretched out and crashed into the alarm clock sitting on the nightstand. I fumbled to catch it before it fell and then I dropped it down on my bare chest so that I could read the time.

Oh, come on, it was only 7:35 a.m.!

Were they aware that not even God was awake at this hour?

How insane were these people?!

"Anthony!" Dad's voice roared.

I rolled my eyes and hollered back irritatedly, "God, God! I'm coming! Take your meds, will you?!"

All was quiet on the western front.

I groaned as I rolled off of my bed and thumped down on the plush carpet floor. My hands dug into the ground as I pushed myself up and I fumbled around for a t-shirt to cover my chest. I didn't want to make Dad jealous. What could I say? I got a great body and he, well, he was old. The heels of my hands dug into my eyes as I tiredly stomped down the oak steps to the living room.