chapter 1

Kendall's Pov

First days on the job are never good. But mine was basically horrible. Since it was my first day working at Springdale Rehab/Mental Institution, I didn't have a clue what I was doing. Mrs.Woods guided me through endless halls with screams of pain and disfunctional emotions. Her 1 inch pumps clacked against the tile with every step she took. Her red blouse wasn't enough to cover the long jet-black skirt that dwindled below the old fashioned piece.

 It's going to take some time to get used to that sound. "So you will not be getting your own office, but you will be working with Ana, who is also a newbie here at Springdale." Mrs.Woods explained as her frecked arm swayed the the side as we entered the tiny bland office, her arm indicating the pretty girl with warm blonde hair and chocolate highlights. "Well make yourself comfortable, take a seat dear!"

I casualy plopped down onto the cushioned chair, across from Ana's work desk. As Mrs.Woods was about to storm out of the office, she stopped me. "Oh and Kendall, you will be assigned to helping out at lunch. You know, just making sure all the patients are satisfied. And help anyone out that looks a little lost." She smiled and stormed out. "So you must be Kendall..?" Ana asked rather confused. "Yes I am." I chuckled slightly.