Taken

I woke up in the back of a truck... deja vu much?
     What happened to me that screwed up my life so much?
      Oh wait. I know.

      Kermit.
      The truck came to a stop and my breathing got heavier. He popped the trunk open and shoved me out. I had no idea where we were, I couldn't see anything. 
     Then the atmosphere changed. The air turned stale and smelled of rust. When we were inside, they took my blindfold off. Coughing, I looked around, seeing a bunch of pipes.
Looking down at my feet, I realized we were sloshing through a lot of discolored water. I stumbled for a moment, and they shoved me into a dark room.
Again, deja vu much?
Only this time, there were three men surrounding me with stone cold faces.
"So how much is he paying you, huh?" I say with a smirk.
Their gazes only intensify.
"Oh come on, it's not like you're doing this for free. I mean, what, $200, $300? To kidnap a teenage girl? That's pretty low."
One of the men, large and muscled, stepped forward. He started talking with a New Jersey accent. "You wanna keep talking, blondie? Or would ya rather give that pretty face a bloody makeover?"
I watched as he pulled a knife out of his pocket. I shivered, looking into his cold, grey eyes. He wasn't kidding. I believed every word.
I heard my father call them. " I need you men, we have some business to... discuss."
They all gave me a lasting glare as they walked out of the room.
When the rusty door closed, I took my phone out of my pocket. Wow, every one of them are stupid. They didn't even take my phone. I called 911 again. Maybe they could trace my call this time.
"911, what is your emergency?"
"This is Maya Hart, calling back. I need you to trace this call so you can find me. Please hurry."
"Ok, honey, you are somewhere in the city pipes."
Just a nicer word for sewers. Great.
" Ok, I can't keep talking because they will hear me. Please find me quickly."
And I hung up. And then it hit me.

I was beneath New York City.