Hush.

"I've got the wine," Ed says, walking away from the kitchen, to the table.

"Wow," I say without enthusiasm, "you actually got it this time!"

"Shut up, stop acting like a child."

"Ha! Says the one who-"

"Shh! Starting fresh, Oswald. Starting fresh."

I pout and hold my glass out for Edward to fill. We then hold our drinks up for cheers:

"To not wanting to murder each other."

Our glasses meet with a clink, not too long before the alcohol gets into our systems.

~

The bottle, or, bottles, rather, have taken their toll on our minds. We're now sitting on the ground in front of the fireplace, constantly having to remind ourselves of the situation as vision blurs.

"I'm cold," I whisper.

"You've said that already," Ed whispers back. "That's why we came to be by the fire."

I look at him, observing his details despite my state. His outfit is replaced by a white long-sleeved shirt and dark green sweatpants, being that his clothes are still here. I notice his chestnut brown hair, tan skin, and his glasses slipping down the bridge of his nose, all his color flickering in the light. I push the glasses up to his face, and Edward smirks in response.

I acknowledge my drunken state. I realize that anything I don't mean say is probably under the influence of bottles of wine. But although I know I can, I don't fight the urge to say,

"I still love you, Edward Nygma."

He blinks a few times and cocks his head at me. I think I've captured his attention, his eyes are wide and curious.

"I," Ed starts, "I- okay. I assumed that much."

"Oh," I respond in a small voice, looking downwards.

"No, I didn't mean that in a bad way, Oswald. I mean-"

"Hmm?" My hands twiddle in my lap, anxiously awaiting a response.

"Come here. Let me whisper it in your ear. It's a secret."

"We're the only people here, Ed," I laugh.

"Just come here!" He grins and makes a hand motion for me to come next to him. I crawl a few feet forward until I can feel his hot breath on my neck.

"What the hell are you going to tell me?" I let out a quiet giggle and start to turn right to look at him.

As my head spins to his side, I feel his hand grab my face, and not softly.

"This some sort of plan, Oswald? Make me vulnerable? Flexible? For what?"

I roll my eyes and harshly pull my face out of his grasp. I immediately put my hand to Ed's throat, catching him by surprise.

"I could've done that a long time ago."

Ed's breathing slows, and becomes normal again, still under my fingers and palm.

We stay like that for what seems like forever.

And suddenly, as if there's some force pushing us together, our faces near, our lips lock.

My hand loosens from his neck and makes it's way around Ed's back, as does my other.

Edward's arms wrapped around me and pull me closer, our legs nearly overlapping on the ground.

The kiss is passionate and heated, as if we've been wanting this for an eternity. Which, in my case, I pretty much have.

Ed deepens the kiss, which I welcome with a smile.

So sweet, yet so intense.

So intimate, yet so longed for.

I feel the corner of his glasses on my cheekbones, cold metal on skin.

I slowly break away, taking in every last moment. I drag my hands back, over his shoulders and collarbones.

I'm wearing a black sweater, which I pull back over my hands with a sigh.

"Still cold?" Ed asks me softly.

I nod once, and feel him yank me back over to him, causing me to fall back-first onto his lap. My cheeks are burning. I never thought that the night would go like this.

"I'll hold you, then. To warm you up. I think that's logical."

I do nothing but smile idiotically.

"I'm so happy," I say, barely a whisper.

"As am I," Ed responds. "I'm sorry this didn't come sooner. I don't know why I was-"

"Hush," I interrupt, rasing a finger to his mouth. "This is our new beginning. Don't fuck it up."

Edward purses his lips and kisses my finger, pushing it away.

"Oswald?"

"What is it now?"

"I love you too. I still love you too."

"'Still?'" I ask. "But-"

"Ozzie, hush. This is our new beginning. Don't fuck it up."

That's the end!
Leave some feedback if you'd like,
I hope you enjoyed this cute shit