You Cannot Do It Alone

First off whether it relates to this chapter or not I am IN LOVE with this song and it relates to what I'm going through right now! I just love NF and how he can bring music to life.

Maybe this song will remind you that we mess up. When I think of people that try to fix the problems they have made they normally mess up worse and it's usually when we mess up that we go to God. Why? Because we cannot fix it! We need a way to fix something and we realize we cannot fix it so then we turn to the person who we "hope" can fix it. If humans could fix their problems we would not need God. But humanity as a whole needs God. 

You don't have to be a Christian to realize that you have done wrong in your life. Many of us including myself have made the mistake of trying to fix a situation only making it worse and then having no other choice but to go to God (I am sure I am not the only person who does this). God wants us to come to him and depend on him for situations and I believe that is why he does some of the stuff that he does. If we never go through trials how are we going to learn? If we never have bad stuff happen to us how are we going to depend on God? In everything God wants you to seek him and to find him.

Proverbs 3:5-6 says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight". I know that I have trouble with this. Usually I think 'if I just did this' or 'if I just said this' I could make it better. I have to remind myself that that's not how it works. Even now its hard for me to trust in God. But you know what? Is my own understanding better? Is there anything I could say or do to make the situation better? This is where God lets us "attempt" to do what we think we can do. I try to do something again and again thinking something else will work with a different outcome. It never does work. Sooner or later I have to learn that I cannot lean on my own understanding. I'm just going to keep failing and failing and failing until I have no other choice but to give it to God when I'm tired out from trying. Why should we try when we are only going to fail?

So now I give it to God when I realize there is nothing else I can do. But its funny that even though I know I cannot do anything else I still worry. I mean giving everything to God? EVERYTHING? It's like there's a conflict in my body. Part of me wants to give it to God but another part of me wants to take it into my own hands. Part of me trusts in God to do what's best for me and know what's best for me but there's another part of me with my limited understanding thinking I know what's best and I know what I need. One moment I can have faith and the other moment feel faithless.

But sooner or later you are going to have to surrender whether you like it or not. It's realizing that our way of doing things won't work. So when our way of doing things doesn't work what else can we do? This is where God steps forward and after we have foolishly done what we think we could have done but cannot, he helps us. We realize God has his own plans for us and he knows what's best for us. Would you rather put your trust in a limited mind human being? Or a God who knows everything and cares for you and wants what is best for you? He knows everything! I might not understand everything but sooner or later I have to realize myself that my understanding and what I think can work just won't. We cannot do it alone. So why not give God's understanding a try? He is God after all and he cares about us!

Philippians 4:6 says "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God". He wants to know what we want and wants to hear from us! So why not give it a try?

Hey guys thanks for reading! This was more of a "real" chapter for me and I just ask that you will pray for me! Recently I have made mistakes with my relationship and I have come to realize that I cannot do anything to fix it. All I can do is wait and give it to God. I am having a hard time with keeping my faith like one moment I want to do what God wants but the next I worry and want what I want to be done. Help me to be strong during this time. I know God loves me and wants what is best for me but its hard. I have messed up and did some things I regret doing but I cannot keep looking back. I can only focus on what is ahead. Pray for me and my trust in God because I have no other choice but to give him everything and help me to have faith and to trust in him. I guess in the end this will strengthen me. There is a chance it could work out but I want to do God's will and I want to set my sights on what he wants not on what I want and it is truly a struggle. 

Thank you guys for everything! I cannot thank you enough!